• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Houston TX, dad shoots man holding daughter hostage

lil_freak_66

http://www.click2houston.com/news/H...tage/-/1735978/4783348/-/59c6vnz/-/index.html

HOUSTON -One of two men who grabbed a teenage girl as she was leaving for school Friday was shot by her father, investigators said.
Harris County sheriff's deputies said the girl's mother orchestrated the plot.

Moderator edited for fair use restrictions.

(11) RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.

steelhawk

Way to go, dad. You get a special gift this Christmas. If something similar happens to me, which I hope doesn't, I hope I can do what this guy did.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
I saw it on the local news here.

The guy's WIFE (and girl's Mother) is said to have hired 2 tough-guys to rob the Father. Seems he had just gotten a $17K check for some legal settlement (?) and she wanted to get a hold of the money. The 2 guys used the girl as a hostage to get her Father to turn over the cash.

The Mother shows up in tears, supposedly because her daughter had been put in danger, but after some questioning the cops found out that the Mother was behind the robbery attempt. She was still in tears while being handcuffed and put into the police car -- crocodile tears or not, who knows. Black-on-black crime in a black neighborhood.

Last edited:

j4l

All well and good for this but- I do hope THIS is less than accurate reporting : "and fired a shot through the door" -wtf?
I do hope he had a window or peephole to see who/what he was shooting. What if he had fired and put one through the daughter's head?

jag06

Good job Dad!

All well and good for this but- I do hope THIS is less than accurate reporting : "and fired a shot through the door" -wtf?
I do hope he had a window or peephole to see who/what he was shooting. What if he had fired and put one through the daughter's head?

In the video it looked like a glass door that he shot through.

Last edited:

lil_freak_66

I saw it on the local news here.

The guy's WIFE (and girl's Mother) is said to have hired 2 tough-guys to rob the Father. Seems he had just gotten a $17K check for some legal settlement (?) and she wanted to get a hold of the money. The 2 guys used the girl as a hostage to get her Father to turn over the cash.

The Mother shows up in tears, supposedly because her daughter had been put in danger, but after some questioning the cops found out that the Mother was behind the robbery attempt. She was still in tears while being handcuffed and put into the police car -- crocodile tears or not, who knows. Black-on-black crime in a black neighborhood.

while i will agree that statistically blacks are most likely to commit such a crime(according to the FBI,7 times as likely as a Caucasian to commit a violent crime), i do not think that race has anything to do with this crime, and it is wrong to condemn an entire ethnicity,there are bad apples in every bunch no matter where you go, just like there are very good apples in every bunch, i feel theres no need for the racial comments on a forum dedicated to freedom and equality, especially since the news and gov't trolls this place, and have been known to use our comments against us

Last edited:

MilProGuy

I agree with you.

The "black on black" comment was totally unnecessary and could be considered inflammatory.

We-the-People

There is a reason that sterotypes get developed and the FBI's statistics verify the veracity of the stereotype. However, it is the individuals MIND, not level of melanin (i.e. skin tone), that is the driving factor. The stereotype and the statistics that back it up are the product of government interventions that have left poor inner city areas populated with more people of minority races. The welfare state (not just welfare itself but the mentality that government will care for us) drives this phenomenon and exacerbates it with programs that encourage the destruction of stable family units. The statics show that broken families, lack of education, and poor role models are the greatest predictors of crime and poverty in the United States. Is it a coincidence that these factors reside in minority populated inner cities...or is it the product of a political party that "buys" it's votes with ever increasing transfer payments (i.e. tax dollar funded social programs) that go to these areas and continue the cycle?

I don't think it's the product of skin color, it's the product of our political parties and their agenda to garner votes with those transfer payments.

Operator_223

simply stating the facts is not inflammatory or racist !!

Some people are extremely sensitive when the race of the perp(s) are mentioned..... either here, in the paper, or on the news. Just simply stating the mathematical demographic facts does not constitute the act of racism...... those that make it into such are the ones with the problem.

tombrewster421

Some people are extremely sensitive when the race of the perp(s) are mentioned..... either here, in the paper, or on the news. Just simply stating the mathematical demographic facts does not constitute the act of racism...... those that make it into such are the ones with the problem.

I agree.

MilProGuy

And you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

PistolPackingMomma

+1

We-the-People

I encounter this same mentality in academia all the time. Blacks are approx 12% of the population but comprise 24% (off the top of my head) of incarcerated prisoners, therefore the justice system must be racist and the "prison industrial complex" is merely an extention of slavery.

They don't mind spouting off that "rich white men get better lawyers" but forget the fact that rich minorities do as well (i.e. OJ Simpson, Michael Vick, Michael Jackson). It's an economics and cultural problem, not a racial one. But they can't see past the melanin content of our skin cells.

frommycolddeadhands

Race aside, this guy faced one of the worst nightmares a parent can face. Some scumbag kidnapped his daughter and put a gun to her head in front of his very eyes.

Very glad he had a weapon and the ability to defend his daughter and himself.

Hope the mom and her thugs get dropped into a dark hole for this, and she NEVER gets to see her kid again.

Good job Daddy-o.