• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It finally happened

28kfps

Was in the Pahrump Wal-mart saw a person open carrying. I approached him and politely asked how are you doing today I see you are open carrying I also carry open. To make a long story shorter I always ask if they know of OC.org. He said sure do, look at it every day, and post to it. (Me) Really, so do I. He asked what my posting name was; I asked his and sure enough remembering reading some of his postings as he had read some of mine.

Therefore, it finally happened where I ran into another OC.org poster on an everyday outing. He had his two sons and wife with him. The sons both were open carrying. They looked to be cowboy six-shooter revolvers on their hips. The six-shooters were florescent red as the boys looked to be around 8 years old. Had their cowboy hats and vest on. Reminded me of the days I was a kid when it was a commonplace toy to see kids with their holstered cap gun six-shooter. I wore out several myself as a kid.
Had a great conversation and my first impression was what a fine family.

Before getting out of Wal-Mart did see another early twenties couple walked by me open carrying did not get a chance to talk to them.

Before going to Wal-Mart took, my elderly mom to her hairdresser was telling her and my mom about a friend of mine out here in Pahrump. A week ago, my friend’s Mother In-law had her purse stolen from her shopping basket in the Smiths when she was not looking and did not realize it until she got to the checkout.

Now with her purse and some time they went out in the parking lot with the key clicker found her vehicle and stole it. A crime unheard of here in Pahrump. I said said something to the hairdresser about the theft and told her as she could see I am always armed. Quietly so customers would not hear said so am I. I said that is great I assume you have a CCW and she said sure do. She said she opens up the place early in the morning and wanted the protection.

Cisco

Meeting

What a great post!

It was great to meet you in person! As soon as I got home, I tried to add you to my friend list, only to see you were already on it! :)

I did not know about the trouble here. Here in Pahrump, I regularly see people open carrying. I wish it was the norm everywhere.

And yes, my sons are in the cowboy stage. The problem is, now they want me to get them spurs!

Hope to see you around again, FP!

SFCRetired

What a great post!

It was great to meet you in person! As soon as I got home, I tried to add you to my friend list, only to see you were already on it! :)

I did not know about the trouble here. Here in Pahrump, I regularly see people open carrying. I wish it was the norm everywhere.

And yes, my sons are in the cowboy stage. The problem is, now they want me to get them spurs!

Hope to see you around again, FP!

Just don't forget and play "horsey" with them after they get the spurs!!:D

Great to hear you guys are having a good time out west. We're doing pretty good on this side of the Mississippi, too.

nonameisgood

As it happens, I was in the Pahrump Walmart this week (a few times). Open carried each time but didn't see y'all there. I was in town for a course at Front Sight, and every place I stopped, a clerk or server asked "Front Sight?" I found that humorous. Maybe it was the sunburn and dusty boots.

Living in Texas, OC is a novelty, since we can't do it (heck, we have only had concealed, by permit, for about 12 years.) I found Pahrump to be a nice town, and no one really seemed to react to the holstered pistol, aside from those mentioned above.