Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condition 0-4

Condition 0-4

So after reading McX's last post in the mooon eyes thread I looked up the different "Conditions" for carry. I found this website explaining them as well as a very disturbing vid of a man who was in con-3 and could not get his gun to fire to save his life..literally.

Now the question. How do you carry and is there a particular reason for it(McX feel free to disregard as i saw your post and know you won't answer at this time ) ? I tend to go Con-2 with my Beretta px4 because there is enough weight on the trigger of the first round that unless i intentionally pull the "boom stick" or pull back the hammer to stage 1 or 2 it's not going to budge enough to go off. Px4s have very heavy first round pulls. Below is info and site:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/200...n-condition-3/

The 5 conditions are:

Condition 0 – A round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the safety is off.
    Condition 1 – Also called “cocked and locked”, this means that a round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the manual thumb safety is on.
    Condition 2 – A round is in the chamber, the hammer is uncocked.
    Condition 3 – There is no round in the chamber, the hammer is uncocked but a fully loaded magazine is inserted in the mag well.
    Condition 4 – The chamber is empty, the hammer is uncocked and there is no magazine inserted in the mag well

Herr Heckler Koch
    OC SA1911A1 SAO in Condition one, as it was designed. CC H&K USPc .40 DA/SA Condition two, safety off. American Eagle Luger Condition three for its ineffective safety and that I wear it as a pretty dress gun.

"Booger pickers" hardly lend themselves to an attractive image of legally armed citizens. "Keep your finger off the TRIGGER" works quite well. Rhinotillexomania is a paraphilia and "booger picker" has only shock value like any other obscenity (words associated with bodily functions and parts).
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 11-19-2011 at 08:13 AM.

XD45 - When I started to carry, it was C-3. I would carry a round in the chamber when situational awareness may elicit an extra sense of readiness. Thought that was C-1, but if there is no manual ssafety and the firing pin cannot be decocked, so that must be condition 0.

PT145- I made this my primary carry gun for now. C-1 always.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    My 1911 condition 1.
    My HKUSPc condition 2, safety on.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

There is only one way to carry an XD, Condition 0.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    well, i guess i ended up a condition2 kind of guy. i am always and very concerned about an accidental discharge, so i cant justify a full condition 1. rather proud, and at the same time disheartened that i now have to go cond. 2. But i do indeed see the valid points made to me over time by my brethren that i should have a round in the chamber. it is an interesting situation, as each gun i own kinda dictates to me by it's design which condition it is best and safest to carry it in. Smacky lends itself well to 2, Disruptor wants 3, Precious wants 3. wish i could afford more guns, then i would have more choices! give me your nicest guns- i feel deprived.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up I wouldn't give up either gun....

I carry my SW99 decocked with one in the pipe; the first shot is DA and subsequent rounds are single action. It doesn't have or need a separate safety. I would have to call that Condition 1. I carry my 1911 the way it was designed to be carried; Condition 1. I don't like the two different manual of arms, but I wouldn't give up either gun....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Last edited by davegran; 11-19-2011 at 09:17 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    i carry condition 2. Beretta 92SB compact. 1 in the chamber, full mag. hammer down........NO SAFETY.

looks like in the video this guy had the safety on and didnt disengage it to rack the slide.........this is why i dont use my safety. i have a 9lb SA/DA trigger as a safety. all i do is point and shoot. and thats the way i like it.
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

McX
    Last edited by McX; 11-19-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Condition 0-4

I've always considered my XD's to be in C-1, not C-0. There's a cartridge in the chamber, the "hammer" (actually firing pin) is cocked, and the two safeties (trigger safety and grip safety) are on. Gripping the gun takes one safety off, and the act of pulling the trigger takes the other safety off. (Actually, there's an internal third safety that prevents the firing pin from falling until the trigger is all the way pulled.)

So it's not like having my 1911 in C-0 with the frame safety off and the grip safety pinned.
    Last edited by UtahRSO; 11-19-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Add a little.

I never considered getting a 1911 or a revolver for one reason and one reason only. In a close combat situation, where you are struggling with the assailant, when the trigger is pulled, the hammer may not have clearance and prevent you from getting a single shot off. With my XD45, but I can always get one shot off guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    it is indeed fortunate to have you present to criticize my methods. perhapse some time you could stop by the shop, and tell me how to run my business, and home life.

Don't go on the WCInc facebook page then. If you don't carry the way some demand over there, you don't deserve to be able to protect yourself at all.

I carry in C3. If I own any firearms, which I don't.

I carry this way because I know I have a better chance of being struck down by a Space T Rex riding a meteor than ever having to pull a sidearm in defense. So it's no big deal.
    Chuck Norris told me I have to give the bad guys a chance anyway. That's how good my Israeli Draw and shooting are.
    The last three times I was challenged to a quick draw duel at high noon I slept though them accidentally. I get up late. Really late as witnessed by this post. So now I just don't entertain the offers anymore.
    I figure the chances of me turning into a middle eastern jewelry shop owner are very very slim. (Milproguy: this is in reference to the OP's linked video in the uh, first post, that you won't read before posting)

Bring on the flames sheeple calling themselves sheep dogs.

But then again, as a level ten Gunkata I have already traveled forward in time and eradicated all my enemies. Then went back in time to jam with Micheal J Fox.

Here's a little something for that sweet Pioneer SX-737 McX. Let the bastards fry.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 11-19-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Red face I Carry "Condition 5"....I Want To Hang With You Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Don't go on the WCInc facebook page then. If you don't carry the way some demand over there, you don't deserve to be able to protect yourself at all.

I carry in C3. If I own any firearms, which I don't.

I carry this way because I know I have a better chance of being struck down by a Space T Rex riding a meteor than ever having to pull a sidearm in defense. So it's no big deal.
    Chuck Norris told me I have to give the bad guys a chance anyway. That's how good my Israeli Draw and shooting are.
    The last three times I was challenged to a quick draw duel at high noon I slept though them accidentally. I get up late. Really late as witnessed by this post. So now I just don't entertain the offers anymore.
    I figure the chances of me turning into a middle eastern jewelry shop owner are very very slim. (Milproguy: this is in reference to the OP's linked video in the uh, first post, that you won't read before posting)

Bring on the flames sheeple calling themselves sheep dogs.

But then again, as a level ten Gunkata I have already traveled forward in time and eradicated all my enemies. Then went back in time to jam with Micheal J Fox.

Here's a little something for that sweet Pioneer SX-737 McX. Let the bastards fry.
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    it is indeed fortunate to have you present to criticize my methods. perhapse some time you could stop by the shop, and tell me how to run my business, and home life.

You guys rock! Well, my method of carry is a bit unorthodox...some have seen me carry in what I call "Condition 5". What IS "Condition 5" you may ask?

Condition 5: Empty Holster!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Don't be a braggart.

We have personally witnessed you kill, clean and cook small game.

With your mind.

Thusly rendering all earthly weapons immaterial.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Don't be a braggart.

We have personally witnessed you kill, clean and cook small game.

With your mind.

Thusly rendering all earthly weapons immaterial.

You da man Ham
    Attachment 7435

Bam-BamAttachment 7436 is on C3+(halfcock; lets the slide pull easier) for me...
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 11-19-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

That's awesome. I have the black light poster version.

Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

I carry a Glock...for the 1st year of OCing, i carried con. 3...figuring i coudl get a round chambered quicky if needed... as of last week, con. 0.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    I carry a Glock...for the 1st year of OCing, i carried con. 3...figuring i coudl get a round chambered quicky if needed... as of last week, con. 0.
    Finally bought that extra cartridge???
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 11-19-2011 at 06:10 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    i carry condition 6!

see..what i do is take an empty semi auto......and i insert a full mag. then i pull the slide all the way back, and take a mini bungee cord and wrap it around the backstrap, then stretch it WAY forward and tie it around the front plate.

that way if i need it for self defense there are 8 easy steps to save my life!

#1 find gun in trunk
    #2 remove gun
    #3 grasp gun tightly
    #4 aim weapon at threat
    #5 pull out swiss army knife
    #6 find the weak spot on the bungee cord
    #7 cutt the cord, thus releasing the slide and chambering a round
    #8 shoot the threat! :-D

its easy and 100% takes away any possibility of a Accidental discharge

i advise all OC and CCers to use this method.......its the safest
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

C0. I've seen enough cvideos to know that there isn't always time to rack the slide.

I carry my 1911 in C1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurchiron View Post
    Finally bought that extra cartridge???
    lol..yep...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast