• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Condition 0-4

carry for myself

i carry condition 6!

see..what i do is take an empty semi auto......and i insert a full mag. then i pull the slide all the way back, and take a mini bungee cord and wrap it around the backstrap, then stretch it WAY forward and tie it around the front plate.

that way if i need it for self defense there are 8 easy steps to save my life!

#1 find gun in trunk
#2 remove gun
#3 grasp gun tightly
#4 aim weapon at threat
#5 pull out swiss army knife
#6 find the weak spot on the bungee cord
#7 cutt the cord, thus releasing the slide and chambering a round
#8 shoot the threat! :-D

its easy and 100% takes away any possibility of a Accidental discharge

i advise all OC and CCers to use this method.......its the safest :banana:

TyGuy

C0. I've seen enough cvideos to know that there isn't always time to rack the slide.

E6chevron

Condition 0 XDM 40SW

So long as your holster encloses the trigger guard, and you have a trigger finger, trained to be straight thru muscle memory , it is safe, and quick.

Even if you Mexican carry inside your waistband, you can get a trigger guard holster with a retaining cord, so a shift of the weapon, won't let the trigger get hungup on clothing, and accidental discharge. A grip safety would prevent that, of course.

M

McX

i carry condition 6!

see..what i do is take an empty semi auto......and i insert a full mag. then i pull the slide all the way back, and take a mini bungee cord and wrap it around the backstrap, then stretch it WAY forward and tie it around the front plate.

that way if i need it for self defense there are 8 easy steps to save my life!

#1 find gun in trunk
#2 remove gun
#3 grasp gun tightly
#4 aim weapon at threat
#5 pull out swiss army knife
#6 find the weak spot on the bungee cord
#7 cutt the cord, thus releasing the slide and chambering a round
#8 shoot the threat! :-D

its easy and 100% takes away any possibility of a Accidental discharge

i advise all OC and CCers to use this method.......its the safest :banana:

bungee cords are just so 20th century, the new way is to use super-glue to lock the slide back, keep a tube of glue remover in your pocket, whip it out, and drip it on the slide when needed!

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Shouldn't step #1 be "Distract assailant by pointing out "No Guns Sign"? If one isn't available, then you should call a "time out"

lockman

State Researcher
I carry a Glock...for the 1st year of OCing, i carried con. 3...figuring i coudl get a round chambered quicky if needed... as of last week, con. 0.

My Glock I carry in condition 1. It has a trigger safety that is released by depressing the trigger. So Technically condition 1, but no additional motions required to disengage it therefore in practice condition ZERO.