• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2011 Annual Rio Ranc Get-Together 12/28..

Icarry2

I also live in Rio Rancho and may consider attending this event. (As long as nobody rags on me for carrying a sigma lol)

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Hi, everyone (arrived in El Paso today, checked-in to the hotel and am back online).

...and I see we may have a good "crowd" attending on the 28th. And there are more Rio Rancho area members than I would have guessed...yet there MUST be even more in ABQ, or maybe for some reason only RR people read this Forum? :)

Well, maybe eventually we can find some of the ABQ people and have them join us...

Icarry2 : Although I'm sure we all are interested in what each of us will be (and are regularly) carrying, it's not any "gun choice/fashion competitition" if you will, as eveyone has reasons (and hopefuly, GOOD reasons) why they carry what they do. You could even bring a Hi-Point! [no offense intended re: Hi-Point] ;-)

I plan to carry my Colt Government 1911 (in my new Comp-Tac OWB Settable Cant holster) but I wish Comp-Tac would make a holster for a T-33 Tokarev so I could OC that, also. I need to check with them about possibly doing one-off "custom" holsters for "limited interest" handguns...just make them fit the same modular paddle assemblies their other holsters do (i.e., same settable-cant mounting/adjusting angle holes).

Last edited:

cmontanojr

Hi everyone. I don't ever really post anything but read these forums quite often. I am looking forward to this event at VI/RR. I am really hoping to make it. I currently open carry a Ruger P95 which looks funny in my small hands, but its all I have for now!!

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Don't know much about the SW area of ABQ (I usually cruise the NE quadrant of town -- but sometimes go to the Smith's on Coors & Central), but do know about Unser -- except the part of it I frequent is way out in Rio Rancho (Unser & Southern Blvd. area)...and points further North on Unser out into the desert!

If you know of any ABQ OCers in your area, have them check out this forum, and maybe join us.

Last edited:

TravisNM

Everyone, I'm trying to get six more people to join us for this meet. I hope this has a good enough turn-out that we can start meeting more often than annually.

Edit: Cloud (or a mod) please edit first post to include updated time....
Village Inn
1741 Rio Rancho Blvd. SE
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
Wednesday, 28 December 2011, 5:00pm

...across from Intel.

Last edited:

RogueWarrior

Everyone, I'm trying to get six more people to join us for this meet. I hope this has a good enough turn-out that we can start meeting more often than annually.

Edit: Cloud (or a mod) please edit first post to include updated time....

Just looked at my roster I can make it so see you there

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Okay...see you then.

Apparently, most of the OC guys in the ABQ/RR area are from Rio Rancho, but I'm sure there are probably as many or even more OCers in ABQ that don't know about us or even this site.

Hopefully, in time that can be changed...I hope you "local guys" get something going at least once a month, maybe rotating meeting sites and/or areas of the city.

awnuts

Sorry guys but it doesnt look like I'm going. Travis knows the details but due to my wife I need to stay home and take care of her.

TravisNM

Roger, I thought you'd be dying to get out of the house (and away from the wife) for a few hours but I understand. Next time, bro.

See everyone else tonight! :)

Damien

It was very nice to meet everyone tonight and we had a great turn out.

I had mentioned the website Meetup.com for setting up an interest group and events but it turns out it costs the organizer $12.00/Mo. to maintain this interest group. Instead of this, does anyone use facebook? Perhaps this could be a better free means of organizing locally.

-Damien

Holey 1

Fun evening

That was a fun evening.
Except for Whatsername eatin' my pie.
But she brought a piece home for me to eat later tonight
so I guess she's not all bad.
Are we gonna try it again sometime?
Let's see now. I heard about a loose slide and a couple of trigger jobs.
You guys have about 66 days to get them to me.
After that the new FL will be here, I'll be officially back in business and according to BATFE rules I'll have to charge ya. I enjoyed my year off but it's time to get busy again.
Till then I just need something to keep me busy so the labor is free.
It doesn't sound like you need parts, just some fine tuning.
Let me know.
Never did get that short fellers name. but he sure was tolerant of all the big folk.
Not a peep outa him all night. Somebody oughta be proud.
Good to meet you all.

AH.74

Glad it was a good turnout. I had hoped to get away but could not. If discussion about future get-togethers could be kept out of facebook and in here I think that would be better- the more traffic in here the better IMO and I don't think there are any rules against it.

Holey 1- I did not know you were in the SF area. There are a couple of minor things I'd like to ask about having you do, if you'd be open to that.