• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2011 Annual Rio Ranc Get-Together 12/28..

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Wednesday, 28 December 2011, 5:00pm

@ Village Inn
1741 Rio Rancho Blvd. SE
Rio Rancho, NM 87124

[Original Post]
Well, it looks like this year it will be the week of December 25th, meaning a date between December 26-30. As mentioned earlier, a weekend seems to be better (when people are not working) but the problem THIS year is that Christmas Day is on a Sunday and New Year's Eve & Day are Saturday/Sunday so it looks like those 2 weekends are out since most probably want to stay home with their familes. Consequently, it looks like a weekday/evening this time, Monday-Friday...probably in the evening (since most people work days). Whatever, just putting the dates out there for anyone who can arrange their schedule to attend. Let me know what day would be best for most of you, then I'll post the day/time. All I can say right now is that I will be there regardless. P.S. We could even have TWO events: One during the week (as given above) and one on a weekend in case some people want to do a weekend anyway. That should cater to most people.
EDIT (12-20-11): A consensus has been reached -- the official 2011 ABQ/RR OC Get-Together details are:

@ Village Inn
1741 Rio Rancho Blvd. SE
Rio Rancho, NM 87124

...across from the Intel complex.

Last edited:

Damien

Cloudcroft,

My working schedule is as follows;

I am off on the 26th, 27th and 28th, working on the 29th and 30th. If we schedule on the 26th it'd have to be around 10am or later as I'd have to get home, get changed, get armed and get to the VI.. Not sure what Chris will be doing but I'll throw an invite out there for him...

-Damien

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Yeah...we could do it on a Wednesday. That'd be December 28th in my case.

I just ordered my OC holster (and gun belt) from Comp-Tac this morning...was GOING to do it Wednesday but they have a Black Friday 20% discount (meaning TODAY ONLY) so I waited and ordered it today. Living in TX, I still have to pay TX SALES TAX (since Comp-Tac is in the Houston area) but still saved 20% off the total bill. I'll take it!

So, unlike the last get-together, THIS time I will have my OC rig for my 1911 Colt Government.

We still haven't decided on a particular day/time yet -- that's to be announced when we get into December -- but for me the 28th would be fine.

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Hi, Damien...glad you checked in!

Just saw your post above TravisNM...and I see you have the 28th as an opening in your schedule.

I believe we met around 10am the last time, so we could do it again this time, too. And for TravisNM, VI's "Free Pie Wednesdays" is from 10am to 10pm...so HE is covered.

So although nothing for sure yet, December 28th is looking good...

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, you're right! We WERE offered pie then. Forgot about it until you reminded me.

The 28th is looking good, but we'll decide in early December. And we need to give more time for others (if any) to check-in.

...like the elusive Rogue Aussie (RA) -- who apparently is sort of like Bigfoot: Although rumored to exist -- and even seen posting here occasionally -- no one has ever actually seen a RA in-person, not even one's footprints. ;-)

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Okay, guys...here's the "official" date and time (as of now) for our 2011 Annual RR/ABQ OC Get-Together:

Wednesday, December 28th, 2:30pm -- at the Village Inn across from Intel in Rio Rancho.

This won't work for Holey1, but he seems to have disappeared (last post was 11-15? -- possibly hanging out with or kidnapped by Rogue Aussie?) and hasn't been back posting here, AFAIK. But if he does check in, we may have to move it to the 26th (the 28th was not one of the dates he listed for an afternoon meeting).

Anyway, if we want "Free Pie Wednesday" then it'll have to be the 28th as it's the only Wednesday that week! ;-)

So...that's the official meeting time as of now.

P.S. We can make changes IF necessary but that looks like it'll work UNLESS someone is working days, then it'll have to be in the evening instead of afternoon.

Last edited:

JamesB

Okay, guys...here's the "official" date and time (as of now) for our 2011 Annual RR/ABQ OC Get-Together:

Wednesday, December 28th, 2:30pm -- at the Village Inn across from Intel in Rio Rancho.

This won't work for Holey 1, but he seems to have disappeared (last post was 11-15? -- possibly hanging out with or kidnapped by Rogue Aussie?) and hasn't been back posting here, AFAIK. But if he does check in, we may have to move it to the 26th (the 28th was not one of the dates he listed for an afternoon meeting).

Anyway, if we want "Free Pie Wednesday" then it'll have to be the 28th as it's the only Wednesday that week! ;-)

P.S. We can make changes IF necessary but that looks like it'll work UNLESS someone is working days, then it'll have to be in the evening instead of afternoon.

Well, my scheduele looks like it just finalized and I won't be going through there untill the week after that. Looks like I'll miss you this time.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
JamesB,

You might miss me (I will only be in the area 10 days: December 23rd to January 3rd) but you and the others can always get together any time you all can arrange something.

Set something up for the following week when you will be in the area...no reason OCers can't meet up more often!

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
P.S.

Damien...

If you want to meet closer to your part of ABQ, let us know...it's a fairly long drive from Kirtland to Rio Rancho.

Also, to any others who are working days, let me know so we can change the time to early evening...otherwise, we'll leave it at 2:30pm.

Last edited:

Holey 1

28th @ 4:30?

This won't work for Holey1, but he seems to have disappeared (last post was 11-15? -- possibly hanging out with or kidnapped by Rogue Aussie?) and hasn't been back posting here, AFAIK. But if he does check in, we may have to move it to the 26th (the 28th was not one of the dates he listed for an afternoon meeting).

Sorry, I've been out of contact for a while.
Me and Whatsername want to be there on the 28th.
She wants to come but has to work and it would be 4:30 before we could get there.
We'll watch and see if the time changes or maybe just get there late and see if anyone is still there.

TravisNM

I normally work until 3 or 4 so I'm game for meeting a bit later. Also, if we're thinking about changing the location to accommodate Albuquerque-ans I think VI at San Mateo and Academy is pretty centralized.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Holey1 and TravisNM,

Yes, later would be okay with me...and looking at Damien's schedule it ought to work for him since he's off work the 28th.

Do you all want to make it during their "dinner rush" (if they have one) when it might be more crowded or right after dinner, say 7:00pm or so?

If you guys plan to have dinner there -- along with your FREE PIE -- then we could make it 5:00pm or 6:00pm.

As for the move over to Village Inn/Academy, that's fine also...as I mentioned, that'd be closer to Damien's neck of the woods (at least his job).

I am completely flexible -- you all chime in here and come to some concensus...

BTW, someone should go by VI/Academy to make sure it's not posted ("no guns" signs) -- we didn't have trouble at the VI/Rio Rancho but I don't know if all the VIs in the area have the same (franchise?) owners and official policies...or if the VI staff even noticed our guns last time to say anything about them (especially the TINY gun I had, due to not having an OC holster for my 1911). I believe VI (like Starbucks) observes state law re: OCing but we need to be sure.

P.S. Still no word from the elusive Rogue Aussie (RA)who is supposed to be in the area. Maybe I should ask these guys for help: http://www.bfro.net/ -- if anyone has a sighting of RA please submit a report immediately so we can send a team to investigate. ;-)

Last edited:

TravisNM

I OC at the academy VI all the time.

I'd like to show up before the rush (say 4?) so we get good spots. Anytime after the rush is still a rush all the way until they stop serving free pie.

RogueWarrior

Holey1 and TravisNM,

Yes, later would be okay with me...and looking at Damien's schedule it ought to work for him since he's off work the 28th.

Do you all want to make it during their "dinner rush" (if they have one) when it might be more crowded or right after dinner, say 7:00pm or so?

If you guys plan to have dinner there -- along with your FREE PIE -- then we could make it 5:00pm or 6:00pm.

As for the move over to Village Inn/Academy, that's fine also...as I mentioned, that'd be closer to Damien's neck of the woods (at least his job).

I am completely flexible -- you all chime in here and come to some concensus...

BTW, someone should go by VI/Academy to make sure it's not posted ("no guns" signs) -- we didn't have trouble at the VI/Rio Rancho but I don't know if all the VIs in the area have the same (franchise?) owners and official policies...or if the VI staff even noticed our guns last time to say anything about them (especially the TINY gun I had, due to not having an OC holster for my 1911). I believe VI (like Starbucks) observes state law re: OCing but we need to be sure.

P.S. Still no word from the elusive Rogue Aussie (RA)who is supposed to be in the area. Maybe I should ask these guys for help: http://www.bfro.net/ -- if anyone has a sighting of RA please submit a report immediately so we can send a team to investigate. ;-)

LOL I'm here just got back from Australia my mother passed away and I had to do an emergency run back home for the funeral. as for the get together I'll look at my roster and let you all now. It would be great to see everyone again

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Hello, RA...sorry to hear the reason you disappeared for a while.

I thought some others might have posted by now re: the proposed place and time change -- from Village Inn/Rio Rancho @ 2:30pm to Village Inn/San Mateo & Academy @ 4:30pm -- to see if everyone can make it. The DATE stays the same: Wednesday the 28th.

Let me know...

Am leaving Thursday the 15th for El Paso, then for Rio Rancho on the 23rd.

Damien

P.S.

Damien...

If you want to meet closer to your part of ABQ, let us know...it's a fairly long drive from Kirtland to Rio Rancho.

Also, to any others who are working days, let me know so we can change the time to early evening...otherwise, we'll leave it at 2:30pm.

Sorry it took a while to get back to you.. I actually live in Rio Rancho.. The Rio Location is fine for me.

-Damien

Damien

Just finished updating myself on the latest posts.. I do live in Rio but am not opposed to meeting at a more centralized location to accommodate others. Evening times for dinner are fine by me. Looking forward to this.

-Damien

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for checking in, Damien.

I am in Rio Rancho also (my sister lives on 35th Circle SE but I'll be at the Hilton Garden Inn) so the Village Inn/Rio Rancho is there is right next door (and a Starbucks). So is Rogue Aussie -- that's 3 of us in Rio Rancho.

So except for Travis -- who goes to the San Mateo/Academy VI -- I dont know where the others (like Holey1) are in ABQ. Maybe I can give him some free VI pie for driving all the way out to RR? ;-)

Whatever, it looks like there's more of us in RR than ABQ, so unless more OC forum people from ABQ chime in, we'll meet at the Rio Rancho VI as per originally scheduled but with a later time -- so people getting off work (like Holey 1) can make it:

Village Inn
1741 Rio Rancho Blvd. SE
Rio Rancho, NM 87124

...across from Intel.

Last edited: