• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Arvada

Justin_27

Hi all names Justin i'm nee to the site and new to open carry. In fact i'm on my first trip out of the house while open carrying i'll post back later with how it turns out.

Justin_27

Well it was a good first day out no issues to report. I had a couple curious looks but nothing more then that.

Shooter McGee

welcome to the forum. congrats on your first OC and cheers to having no issues while doing so. if you have any questions this is a great place to get them answered. check out this link, http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...en-Carry-Freedom-Card-For-All-OC-ers-To-Carry, to a previous post i made. it is a cheat sheet for all your OC and the law needs. i am fairly certain it covers everything. i have 2 copies printed out front and back and i keep them in my wallet. know the laws and get yourself a good video and/or voice recorder and carry on. oi!

Shooter McGee

also, if you can, go back and read as many posts from the past as you can. when i first got here i went back and read every page, all 47 of em and gained a wealth of knowledge from all of the previous posts. i realized there were many questions i didn't need to ask cause the answers were all there. i just had to find em. oh yeah, got to ask. what are you carrying and in what type of rig?

Justin_27

I'm currently carrying a Ruger SR9c in a fobus roto paddle holster a very comfortable rig so far.

Also i've taken your advice and started read through all the old posts. It's a good thing i've got some extra time on my hands these days lol I look forward to the wealth of knowledge I know i'll gain from this forum and it's members.

M-Taliesin

I'm currently carrying a Ruger SR9c in a fobus roto paddle holster a very comfortable rig so far.

Also i've taken your advice and started read through all the old posts. It's a good thing i've got some extra time on my hands these days lol I look forward to the wealth of knowledge I know i'll gain from this forum and it's members.

Howdy Amigo!
I live in Aurora, and trek up to Arvada from time to time to sell gold over there.
My hobby is metal detecting, and I tend to find my share of gold and silver.
About three or 4 times a year, I'll go sell some of it, and add to my income for the year.

Anyhow, I anticipate selling some gold pretty soon so I can buy some goodies I'll need in my next line of work.

Sounds like you schedule might be pretty open. Wanna meet up and do a little OC together?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Justin_27

Hi friend.
I'm always looking for new friends to OC I've been trying to encourage my friend and wife to join me but they're a little apprehensive about the whole thing. In fact my best friends girl won't even come around if I happen to be OCing. So if you're in my neck of the woods I sure would enjoy the company perhaps I can even pick your brain about a few things.

Last edited:

JamesB

Hi friend.
I'm always looking for new friends to OC I've been trying to encourage my friend and wife to join me but they're a little apprehensive about the whole thing. In fact my best friends girl won't even come around if I happen to be OCing. So if you're in my neck of the woods I sure would enjoy the company perhaps I can even pick your brain about a few things.

You can pick your friends, and you can pick their brains, but you still get dirty looks from people when you stick it in your mouth.

M-Taliesin

Hi friend.

Howdy Again Amigo!
I anticipate being up toward Lakewood on Tuesday, likely around noonish. From there, I'll have the majority of the day to myself.
How about we meet up on Tuesday to OC around them parts. I could meander in and sell a few small pieces of gold while in the
neighborhood. I need to get myself a few goodies.

I'm also fairly determined to visit the Gunsmoke shop on that side of town to see about some custom engraving for my Ruger P94.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

JamesB

Howdy Again Amigo!
I anticipate being up toward Lakewood on Tuesday, likely around noonish. From there, I'll have the majority of the day to myself.
How about we meet up on Tuesday to OC around them parts. I could meander in and sell a few small pieces of gold while in the
neighborhood. I need to get myself a few goodies.

I'm also fairly determined to visit the Gunsmoke shop on that side of town to see about some custom engraving for my Ruger P94.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Sorry I won't be able to join up with you guys at that time, that's right when I need to be leaving to get to class.

P.S. Have you seen Gunsmoke on the Discovery Channel?

M-Taliesin

P.S. Have you seen Gunsmoke on the Discovery Channel?

Howdy Pard!
Yep, surely have. And what I am interested in is some of their custom work. Nice stuff they do.
So I might like a modification or two for my Ruger P94 .40!
That's what I want to see them about.

Anybody know whether a handgun can be engraved, then the engraving filled with 14k gold?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JamesB

Howdy Pard!
Yep, surely have. And what I am interested in is some of their custom work. Nice stuff they do.
So I might like a modification or two for my Ruger P94 .40!
That's what I want to see them about.

Anybody know whether a handgun can be engraved, then the engraving filled with 14k gold?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Anything can be done... for the right price.

Justin_27

Hey sorry I haven't been able to respond sooner thing's have been a little hectic around here. I have a dinner to attend tomorrow but might be able to make it for a little bit depending on the time. I also need to drop by gunsmoke to look into have a glock refinished.