• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man With Ski Mask and Loaded Gun in Greendale Faces Charges

SourKraut

These 'crimes of intent' make my head hurt. What exactly did the guy do wrong? I'm wondering why the cop did not wait until the guy tried something, yet at the same time the cop MAY have prevented a crime.

Fallschirjmäger

If he had his license and had concealed the firearm under his shirt with the hat on his head, would we still think he was up to something nefarious?

It does change the circumstances a bit, doesn't it? He may indeed have had the thought in mind, but fortunately 'mind crimes' aren't chargeable yet (in most circumstances, that is.)

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
He was probably on his way to the mall, and had heard he had to defend himself at that particular location from professionals that don't know how to carry a weapon. *snickers*

MKEgal

TaurusToter said:
He was probably on his way to the mall, and had heard he had to defend himself at that particular location from professionals that don't know how to carry a weapon. *snickers*
SNORK!!
Now I have to clean my screen...

Captain Nemo

You can't fix stupid.
he was either stupid or up to no good.

if he knew anything about the law he would have known it is perfectly legal to carry a loaded handgun in plain sight in a vehicle. I think this is another of those "stay tuned" episodes.