• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

best way to go about collecting signatures?

bmwguy11

I am going to start a petition for collecting signatures from residents in my town who want the city to support their 2nd amendment rights and not ban weapons in city/government/public buildings. I am trying to think of the best way to go about doing it, so I'm coming here for suggestions on how to proceed. Pardon that I have been specifically vague in my post about exactly what I'm doing this for, as I know the "antis" read these forums sometimes. :) Would going door to door be best? Or would it be better to maybe get a group of 2A supporters together to collect signatures outside of a grocery store or starbucks or something?

protias

Grocery stores before a game. Get the owner/manager approval before hand in case anyone gives you guff. ;)

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
A Meet and Greet would be ideal. I know the Starbucks in WB hosted a get together a while back. I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing another one.

If I'm around I'd happily help out. I travel for a living, so I never know when or where I'll be anywhere.

bmwguy11

Hey starbucks in WB would be perfect. Let me contact management there to get permission, and once I have that I'll set a date. We could definitely do a meet and greet for those interested in coming by! If I end up not getting enough signatures there, I'll try to hit up pick n save about running another one.

Again while I can't go into great detail, if I'm ultimately successful in my venture, this could pave the way for others to take up similar tasks. :) There is also a good chance I could get senator grothman and representative strachota to sign if I see them again soon.

The petition will state that you are a supporter of 2nd amendment rights, and that you want the city to continue it's support of the 2nd amendment as well by allowing law-abiding citizens to carry in public buildings.

As for the smokes for sigs that is pretty pathetic. And yea I've got that posted all over FB and other places too. More people need to see that crap going on. It is so awesome hawz from arfcom was there to catch that crap in the act.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Hey starbucks in WB would be perfect. Let me contact management there to get permission, and once I have that I'll set a date. We could definitely do a meet and greet for those interested in coming by! If I end up not getting enough signatures there, I'll try to hit up pick n save about running another one.

Again while I can't go into great detail, if I'm ultimately successful in my venture, this could pave the way for others to take up similar tasks. :) There is also a good chance I could get senator grothman and representative strachota to sign if I see them again soon.

The petition will state that you are a supporter of 2nd amendment rights, and that you want the city to continue it's support of the 2nd amendment as well by allowing law-abiding citizens to carry in public buildings.

As for the smokes for sigs that is pretty pathetic. And yea I've got that posted all over FB and other places too. More people need to see that crap going on. It is so awesome hawz from arfcom was there to catch that crap in the act.

yup. i found those on afrcom..now they are on my FB Page too.

bmwguy11

Yea that story is hitting everywhere. I'm going to stop by that starbucks today to try and talk to someone about my little event I'd like to hold. You guys mentioned a previous OC event at the west bend SB? By chance does anyone know who you talked to ahead of time about it?

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Just ask for the manager. Starbucks is notoriously open to the 2A cause, having hosted many get togethers at several locations.

If the manager has any concerns, have them contact the Delafield location. There is a monthly meeting there, and never had any problems

Sent with Tapatalk

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
There was an article in the journal sentinel about the first meet and greet in WB. U can probably Google that one for a reference when u talk to the manager

Sent with Tapatalk