• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sometimes, just sometimes I can see why the antis are so scared.

HILLBILLYDELUXE

I think I met his brother:lol:

I got my first dip$#it last night, and I've been OCing for a couple of years. I stopped for gas, in Marana (the real marana, not the tax zone). Some punk, probably mid 20s, passenger in a beater minivan, "he's got a gun!" "f$%^ing awesome!" "do you have a permit?"
"nope, this is arizona" and I walk away

Dahwg

I got my first dip$#it last night, and I've been OCing for a couple of years. I stopped for gas, in Marana (the real marana, not the tax zone). Some punk, probably mid 20s, passenger in a beater minivan, "he's got a gun!" "f$%^ing awesome!" "do you have a permit?"

Definitely sounds like the same gene pool.

carsontech

Activist Member

Marana? That's part of Sonora Rebel's stomping grounds. You'd think he would have straightened everyone out there.

Sonora Rebel said:
"This is Arizona hoss... get used to it..." I keep on goin'. A younger woman nearby: "He's right... Get used to it or go home."

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93178-Noob-reactions-to-OC-in-Marana

HILLBILLYDELUXE

Marana? That's part of Sonora Rebel's stomping grounds. You'd think he would have straightened everyone out there.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93178-Noob-reactions-to-OC-in-Marana

Meh, he dropped an F'bomb in front of my little girl, told me how great OCDO was, then got in his wifes car and drove away. From what I've seen/read he enjoys confrontations in chatrooms and grocery stores in upper middle class neighborhoods and drives a pickup without a transfercase. But, he looks like a cowboy and OCs a .45, I can vouch for that.

carsontech

Activist Member
Meh, he dropped an F'bomb in front of my little girl, told me how great OCDO was, then got in his wifes car and drove away. From what I've seen/read he enjoys confrontations in chatrooms and grocery stores in upper middle class neighborhoods and drives a pickup without a transfercase. But, he looks like a cowboy and OCs a .45, I can vouch for that.

Please go into detail about when he dropped the f'bomb in front of your daughter.

GWbiker

But, he's not the one who ended up in handcuffs. Just maybe he knows something about OC in Arizona that YOU don't know.

HILLBILLYDELUXE

Crap, I came back to delete my post, goes against the "cant say anything nice..." Since the cats out of the bag, I don't like Sonora Rebel, I don't like his cop attitude, I don't think he is a patriot, I think he is "all hat and no cattle" I don't think he has a dyno sheet or time slip to back up his 500hp truck.

Please go into detail about when he dropped the f'bomb in front of your daughter.

A year or so ago, I was leaving the same grocery store in the linked post, I was OCing, he approached me as I was getting me, my groceries, and one of my daughters, I don't remember if it was my 5yo (at the time) or my 2yo (at the time) into my car.

"Its like finding a F#$%ing unicorn!" Pointing to my glock on my belt.
I shrugged it off, he told me about OCDO, told me his login name, and his wife drove up and he left.
I lurked here a day or two later, saw some of his comments, didn't join, didn't lurk.

I joined and posted after my incident, he made it pretty clear that he disagreed with my interpretation of the 4th ammendment, more of his "I OC because I live in the country" blah blah blah, I held my tounge.

Tonight I read a bit too much of it, and called it as I saw it.

But, he's not the one who ended up in handcuffs. Just maybe he knows something about OC in Arizona that YOU don't know.

Uhh, there was no OC, and I blatantly violated state law and made no apologies about it, and didn't get arrested, I'd call that a win.

Morbidph8

I frequently get comments from retirees (snow birds) in my area of Mesa about the legality of OC, and comments about the fact that I'm carrying in Condition 1. I mostly get scared looks from teens and younger kids, but I'm a big guy, not very handsome, and shaved head, so I assume people think the worst of me on sight.

Im in AJ and OC around AJ and Mesa all the time. Have not had any weird questions yet. A Couple of snow birds, giving me a weird look that's about it. I have been preparing my mind for the weird questions I might get. Yet I have not got any yet...