• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy from Kentucky here

DrakeZ07

Welcome to the forums, and to the Kentucky sub-forum :D Irvine isn't far from stanton, right? anyway, post, talk, have fun~ Are you new to OC'ing or an OC vet that's just new to OCDO? :3

Have your complimentary Hug and bagel!~

Curtis C

stanton is about 20 miles or so, not far at all. i'm not quite comfortable with open carry yet, i do keep a gun in my car, first of the year i'm going to get my conceal permit

DrakeZ07

stanton is about 20 miles or so, not far at all. i'm not quite comfortable with open carry yet, i do keep a gun in my car, first of the year i'm going to get my conceal permit

OC'ing is a difficult thing to get over for some, like myself, but once you get used to it, it can become second nature. While a CCDW may be good to have when OC isn't appropriate, but I'd recommend getting used to wearing your sidearm openly around the home, then around the yard or in your neighborhood, then move on to at the gas station, then to the grocery store. Trust me, and others around here that are new to OC, have tried it a few times, or are a veteran of it; it's a habit worth keeping and trying~ Besides, Sidearms worn openly are sexier on guys than a dog on a leash :p

Curtis C

what kind of holster is best of oc? i have an uncle mikes hip holster but it feels loose and sloppy, kinda top heavy.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Something with retention, like blackhawk serpa, any holster with a thumbbreak, 5.11 thumbdrive, itac, etc. IMO it is better to have sOme type of retention in case some idiot wants to try and grab your gun, not to mention you don't have to worry about it falling out of your holster and bouncing around walmart or wherever, however it's really up to your personal preference, whatever you find comfortable, if it isn't comfortable, you won't wear it!

neuroblades

Welcome aboard, Curtis! :) Looking at the images online, it looks to be about the same size as the Ruger LCP, Beretta Storm or a Kel Tec; I could be wrong there though.

What I'd suggest is going out the different holster sites and "plugging in" your weapon info and look over the holsters that fit your Taurus. For example, these are the ones from Galco that will work for your weapon:

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG2.asp