• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Break-ins to grope men???? Engage?

Jack House

I tend to sleep with a handgun at the head of my bed, concealed. Attempting this at my residence would be an unhealthy decision.

Last edited:

frommycolddeadhands

See this as way too quick to jump to use of deadly force. Just not responsible.
ALWAYS know your justification, who he is and what he is doing. If not, you may spend the rest of your life figuring out what you did wrong and why you lost both your RKBA and your freedom.

Roommate shaking someone awake - relative visiting - fireman trying to save you :uhoh:

I disagree. If I wake up to a strange person in my bedroom in the middle of the night, I'm not going to take the time to ask them what they are up to. They don't belong there.

And I'm grumpy when I first wake up....

PistolPackingMomma

Honest question here. Why is it ANY comment that is not pro-homosexuality is considered "gay bashing"? I've seen this politically correct epidemic so many times, and I just don't understand it. So people choose to be gay. That doesn't mean everyone is obligated to accept or like it. Dead cat and all that...

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Im close minded too i guess! We all have our own beliefs and opinions! We have freedom of speech in this great country of ours, along with the right to keep and bear arms.
--snip--

Honest question here. Why is it ANY comment that is not pro-homosexuality is considered "gay bashing"? I've seen this politically correct epidemic so many times, and I just don't understand it. So people choose to be gay. That doesn't mean everyone is obligated to accept or like it. Dead cat and all that...

A couple of comments to set the record straight:

Freedom of speech (1A) is not absolute on OCDO - OCDO is private property and all who post here do so irrevocably accepting the rules. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Any comment/post regarding choice of life style/sexuality is NOT considered "bashing." Only those that are derogatory, negative or similar in nature are in violation of posted rules.

No one is required to be in agreement, accept it or like it, but all are expected to abide by the FORUM RULES - courtesy and good manners demand no less.

rodbender

ALWAYS know your justification, who he is and what he is doing. If not, you may spend the rest of your life figuring out what you did wrong and why you lost both your RKBA and your freedom.

Roommate shaking someone awake - relative visiting - fireman trying to save you :uhoh:

If I were to wake and find this guy fondling me, he's toast. Irresponsible? I don't think so. My justification is that he is in my house uninvited, therefore he is a theat. That's all I need in Texas.

Your roommate, relative, fireman scenario don't wash. None of these have any reason to have their hands on your genitals....I hope.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

....snip....

Your roommate, relative, fireman scenario don't wash............

My reply was to a specific scenario/statement made by one user and contains the statement "doesn't matter what he is doing." See original quote to which I was responding below. I find such statements to be irresponsible.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by carry for myself

--snip------- and i woke up to a man standing over me...........doesnt matter what hes doing. i would put one in his forhead and figure the second out later. i live with my girlfriend........thats it so...

MilProGuy

this gentleman can learn something new...what the wittle triangle w/explaination in it is for...tks...

wabbit

Indeed, I did learn something new.

Never have thought I knew everything.

If I pay attention, I learn something new every day. :dude:

Daylen

Your roommate, relative, fireman scenario don't wash. None of these have any reason to have their hands on your genitals....I hope.

Isn't that how you wake someone up? I know that's how I like to be awakened...

rodbender

My reply was to a specific scenario/statement made by one user and contains the statement "doesn't matter what he is doing." See original quote to which I was responding below. I find such statements to be irresponsible.

This I realize. And I agree with his statement. I have no worries in Texas as if he is in my house uninvited, then, by law, he is considered a threat and I may use deadly force. I don't care if he's watching Dancing With the Stars drinking his own beer that he brought with him.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This I realize. And I agree with his statement. I have no worries in Texas as if he is in my house uninvited, then, by law, he is considered a threat and I may use deadly force. I don't care if he's watching Dancing With the Stars drinking his own beer that he brought with him.

Texas law is well and good in Texas..

Just hope that no one comes to discover that their "intruder" was their father, brother or son. My point was not intended to be complicated - only that we [strike]should[/strike] must know our target.

carry for myself

see. i made my statement because there is NO reason on the face of the planet why there would be a grown man standing above me while i sleep. i my building is hardwired for smoke detectors. if there is a fire, ill know. we have a very good security system. if someone comes in, ill know. i have no father. i have no brothers. NOONE should be in my house. i can easily tell if my girlfriend is in bed with me or not. if the police or a firefighter tried to gain access. the entire neighborhood would know.

that being said. if i woke to a man standing above me fondling me.........he would go down. because it would mean he somehow disabled my system. broke through three entry doors *im on the third floor so a window is out of the question* got past the dog, entered my room in a manner so quiet i would not hear the loud squeak it makes when it opens. therefore being a VERY large threat. and i would not hesitate. :)