• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Odd walmart incident non OC but relivant

carry for myself

Prone to exaggerate much?

Really? $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 per year at Cabelas?

You do all of that on the hourly income of a hotel groundsman per your profile or did you win the lottery?

Seems to me that the old persona is creeping out of the closet - might be time to close that door.

what i do for a job to pass my time has nothing to do with my monetary stability or how much money i do or do not have. which i will also add is none of your business. and i would appreciate it if the personal attacks would stop. this thread is about a serious infringement on our rights to keep our information private. not your issues with me.

now back to the main point. i spend A LOT of money on firearms, holsters, cleaning supplies , ammo and accessories at cabelas. and i have never been asked for ID, nor have i ever had any personal information added to their computer systems in doing so other than the obvious ATF forms needed to purchase a gun. walmart on the other hand has taken it onto themselves *with or without state + federal law* backing that decision . this worries me. its not just checking age. the cashier asked for ID. i provided she added my date of birth, then asked the pistol or rifle question. and THEN moved forward to enter my drivers license number. which in my mind and i am sure in the minds of others is way un-cool.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
what i do for a job to pass my time has nothing to do with my monetary stability or how much money i do or do not have. which i will also add is none of your business. and i would appreciate it if the personal attacks would stop. this thread is about a serious infringement on our rights to keep our information private. not your issues with me.

..snip..

This has absolutely nothing to do with personal attacks - indeed none made.

It has everything to do with the veracity of those that post here. In my memory, each time you posted questionable information, you avoided the issue claiming personal attack or stalking. That is not the case; the claims are yours not mine - you own your words once posted here.

carry for myself

This has absolutely nothing to do with personal attacks - indeed none made.

It has everything to do with the veracity of those that post here. In my memory, each time you posted questionable information, you avoided the issue claiming personal attack or stalking. That is not the case; the claims are yours not mine - you own your words once posted here.

look i do not wish to drop to the level of arguing on a public forum about who does what and who does not. there is enough of that on here already.

if you do not agree with something i say or i am in-correct. feel free to correct. that is how we all learn. if your opinion differs which un-redoubtably it will seeing as we are all different peoples. that is fine as well . feel free to state your opinion, as i will state mine. but as i said in my previous post. whether or not i have the assets to obtain one firearm per year or one hundred is my business. and mine alone. i could have a rather large account, or a very small one. but that is my knowledge. not yours nor anyone else's. i give you the respect of not questioning your home life, finances or actions on this board or abroad. i would ask you do the same. how much i can afford to spend or not spend has no relevance to the topic of the thread. i would ask that we stick to the topic and not stoop to --comments removed by moderator--. Since my account has been up i believe i have showed nothing but respect for those who use this board. i intend to keep it that way. whether our opinions are different or not.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
....snip....

walmart on the other hand has taken it onto themselves *with or without state + federal law* backing that decision . this worries me. its not just checking age. the cashier asked for ID. i provided she added my date of birth, then asked the pistol or rifle question. and THEN moved forward to enter my drivers license number. which in my mind and i am sure in the minds of others is way un-cool.

Some people can't grasp the concept that Wal-Mart is private property. They do NOT need authority of state or federal law to set policy. The just need to not be in violation of such laws.

Shop there if you want, act and speak responsibly with courtesy and dignity even if presented with unfavorable requests..............or take your money elsewhere. You choose.

carry for myself

Some people can't grasp the concept that Wal-Mart is private property. They do NOT need authority of state or federal law to set policy. The just need to not be in violation of such laws.

Shop there if you want, act and speak responsibly with courtesy and dignity even if presented with unfavorable requests..............or take your money elsewhere. You choose.

i have made that choice. my money is going elsewhere i just figured i would make this issue a known fact to others, so they. can make a choice as well

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
look i do not wish to drop to the level of arguing on a public forum about who does what and who does not. there is enough of that on here already.

if you do not agree with something i say or i am in-correct. feel free to correct. that is how we all learn. if your opinion differs which un-redoubtably it will seeing as we are all different peoples. that is fine as well . feel free to state your opinion, as i will state mine. but as i said in my previous post. whether or not i have the assets to obtain one firearm per year or one hundred is my business. and mine alone. i could have a rather large account, or a very small one. but that is my knowledge. not yours nor anyone else's. i give you the respect of not questioning your home life, finances or actions on this board or abroad. i would ask you do the same. how much i can afford to spend or not spend has no relevance to the topic of the thread. i would ask that we stick to the topic and not stoop to --comments removed by moderator--. Since my account has been up i believe i have showed nothing but respect for those who use this board. i intend to keep it that way. whether our opinions are different or not.

Mostly not unreasonable except that you made the claim of spending "tens of thousands of dollars" at one establishment - truth is always better than fiction, so I asked. That is what I do - it is called confirming/verifying.

It is not showing "respect" if claims are made that are false. Surely you have the privilege of keeping your personal information private. I have an obligation to question false, misleading or questionable information....and yes I personally dislike posts that would aggrandize individuals.

carry for myself

Mostly not unreasonable except that you made the claim of spending "tens of thousands of dollars" at one establishment - truth is always better than fiction, so I asked. That is what I do - it is called confirming/verifying.

It is not showing "respect" if claims are made that are false. Surely you have the privilege of keeping your personal information private. I have an obligation to question false, misleading or questionable information....and yes I personally dislike posts that would aggrandize individuals.

cabelas has been open for 6 years in Maine. if i only spent $1,000 per year there it would amount to $6,000. but who only spends $1k a year on their biggest hobby? heck i've spent 2x that on one kimber. so lets say i spend ........roughly $4k a year. with trade ins , gift cards, purchases, swaps. thats $24,000 since they have been open. but what if i sold my 2 colt SAA's? thats almost $6k alone. my M1 garand got me $1,300........my M1 paratrooper got me $3k. now most people save money. i invest in guns so the money from the guns i sell go right back to the store. is it so hard to believe one person spends tens of thousands over the course of years? heck if i sold my Sheffel 1946 i would rebuy $8k in guns that day alone........some people have nice cars, big tv's nice house.......ALL of my money goes into buying and selling guns. so i spend quite a bit. and i claim nothing that is untrue :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
cabelas has been open for 6 years in Maine. if i only spent $1,000 per year there it would amount to $6,000. but who only spends $1k a year on their biggest hobby? heck i've spent 2x that on one kimber. so lets say i spend ........roughly $4k a year. with trade ins , gift cards, purchases, swaps. thats $24,000 since they have been open. but what if i sold my 2 colt SAA's? thats almost $6k alone. my M1 garand got me $1,300........my M1 paratrooper got me $3k. now most people save money. i invest in guns so the money from the guns i sell go right back to the store. is it so hard to believe one person spends tens of thousands over the course of years? heck if i sold my Sheffel 1946 i would rebuy $8k in guns that day alone........some people have nice cars, big tv's nice house.......ALL of my money goes into buying and selling guns. so i spend quite a bit. and i claim nothing that is untrue :)

So do you have an FFL? If not why not? Sure hope that you file your taxes appropriately.

BTW - your earlier post stated that you spent tens of thousands of dollars a year, not "over the course of years" which you have so conveniently now substituted.

Your original claim would amount to a minimum of $120,000 since you say Cabelas opened 6 years ago.

That I submit is outrageous and extremely difficult to accept! Were you even of legal age 6 years ago to purchase a handgun or other restricted items from an FFL?

My suggestion? Quit digging.

RPGamingGirl

went to Walmart in scarborough last night around 11. need a 100rd box of WWB 9mm for the range today. picked it up, went to cash out. got ID'd per usual then something odd happened the clerk asked me "is this for a handgun or a rifle" not thinking too much i said "handgun" she then punched in my DRIVERS LICENSE number THEN my birth date.......... I've never had this happen or heard of this happening anywhere ever.........is Walmart now tracking who buys what and how much of it?

If they are, my local Wal-Mart does it wrong LOL.

Usually they don't ask me any questions or card at all back at the gun counter (i usually pay up front with my other purchases, where they only glance at my ID to be sure i'm old enough), but once when i was a hurry and paid in the back, they did ask me the 'handgun or rifle' question. Only instead of asking if it was for a handgun or for a rifle, as in i had to choose one, the guy simply asked me if it was for a handgun or rifle. Like in general. So i answered "Yes." lol. Apparently my answer was good enough.

MilProGuy

carry for myself:

I clearly understand the points you made in your posts; and I definitely understand how a guy can spend thousands of dollars a year on his hobbies or leisure time activities.

For many years I spent thousands of dollars a year on big game hunting. If you apply for a license and are drawn for a Wyoming mule deer hunt, you can easily spend an inordinate amount of money in a year's time. I know, because I went on two different out-west hunts back in the 1990s.

I also owned and showed a 1950's classic car for five years; and talk about an expensive hobby. I think I was Car Quest's number one customer for several years.

Lastly, I've become enchanted with semi-automatic handgun during the past two years; and I'm afraid to post how much money I have spent on this hobby during the past twenty-four months (for fear that my wife might walk into the room and look over my shoulder):eek:. :dude:

Last edited:

Maine CWP Training

Likely typed in DOB.

WalMart might take extreme offense if you do not know what they typed in. I am always asked if ammunition is for a handgun and never produced or asked to produce a license. HANDGUN

carry for myself

Likely typed in DOB.

WalMart might take extreme offense if you do not know what they typed in. I am always asked if ammunition is for a handgun and never produced or asked to produce a license. HANDGUN

let them take offense. i took offense to their actions. i even asked a friend who is a cashier at walmart last night. and she said they are required to type in DOB and DL#. she said its for "informational purposes" but didnt know for what information or what reason. as i said my business.......ALL of my business is going elsewhere.

scott58dh

To Ammo or NOT to Ammo ! That is the ???

Hey y'all, I buy my ammo at Dick's Sporting Goods with no issue. Probably BIG BRO is making "Wally World" just Drink the Kool-Aid. Just a thot. PEACE OUT DUDES :cool:

Hef

went to Walmart in scarborough last night around 11. need a 100rd box of WWB 9mm for the range today. picked it up, went to cash out. got ID'd per usual then something odd happened the clerk asked me "is this for a handgun or a rifle" not thinking too much i said "handgun" she then punched in my DRIVERS LICENSE number THEN my birth date.......... I've never had this happen or heard of this happening anywhere ever.........is Walmart now tracking who buys what and how much of it?

They always ask that. I always reply, "submachinegun". If I don't get a grin, I get no response at all...most of the time. The occasional look of shock and confusion is always amusing.