• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there any mailing requirements for CCW?

bigdaddy1

I am going to send in my application, but want to make sure there are no mailing requirements that I did not see in the FAQ. Such as 9x12 envelope etc....

Anyone know if I can use the standard mailing envelope?

JJC

I am going to send in my application, but want to make sure there are no mailing requirements that I did not see in the FAQ. Such as 9x12 envelope etc....

I used a standard for mine. A friend of mine used a 8 1/2 by 11 envelope and we got ours back at the same time.

Besides, if they wanted a special envelope they would have listed it on the application.

JJC

Last edited:

Lurchiron

Stamped by the light of the 2nd Blue Moon of the month,
9 digit ZIP plus GPS location to the nearest inch,
Notarized by Jimmy Hoffa on Feb. 29

plus others not worth mentioning... :cool:

Last edited:

Hostilefreak

I used a standard envelope for mine but it felt border line heavy for one stamp so I put 2 on mine just to make sure it got there. My check has been cashed so they apparently got it. Whats the extra .44 cents worth to make sure it gets there?

Lurchiron

I used a standard envelope for mine but it felt border line heavy for one stamp so I put 2 on mine just to make sure it got there. My check has been cashed so they apparently got it. Whats the extra .44 cents worth to make sure it gets there?

That's a buck/2.80 in Obama dollars :cool:

scorpio_vette

i don't think i have ever mailed a letter, or put a stamp on a envelope. hopefully i can figure out how this antique communications system works, or i'm never getting my permit. LOL

bigdaddy1

i don't think i have ever mailed a letter, or put a stamp on a envelope. hopefully i can figure out how this antique communications system works, or i'm never getting my permit. LOL

Yep, its been a while. I had to pull out some evelopes out of the time capsule. Now where do you get stamps from now again?:eek:

oak1971

We haven't had electronic bill bay for that long, how could you have never used the mail system?

bigdaddy1

Not that I know for sure, but a lot of people use this stuff called "cash". I remember having it before I was married, then afterwards it was all a blur.:banghead:

scorpio_vette

We haven't had electronic bill bay for that long, how could you have never used the mail system?

Boy you're really going to freak out if I tell you i've never owned a checkbook huh??? I've just never Dealt with places that didn't take cash or plastic, and whenever I get service for something I always researched places that either had offices nearby or online billpay. Nowadays I wont even accept service from a company that doesn't offer online bill pay.

But yes, i've never mailed a letter that I can remember (my wife does all that for me on the 1 or 2 occasions that i've had to do that.), and personally have never owned a checkbook. I didn't know how to write a check when I first opened my business, and haven't written one since i've closed my business. Lol

Last edited:

safcrkr

I would NOT mail in an application right now. If they get it friday (thursday's a holiday) they'll have until Jan. 9th, 2013 to process it. If you mail it on Dec. 1st, and they get it on Dec 2nd, they'll have to process it by Dec. 22nd. Mail with delivery confirmation.