• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there any mailing requirements for CCW?

bigdaddy1

I would NOT mail in an application right now. If they get it friday (thursday's a holiday) they'll have until Jan. 9th, 2013 to process it. If you mail it on Dec. 1st, and they get it on Dec 2nd, they'll have to process it by Dec. 22nd. Mail with delivery confirmation.

Good point, I guess I have no reason to rush, its been my whole life so far. a few weeks wont hurt.

safcrkr

Good point, I guess I have no reason to rush, its been my whole life so far. a few weeks wont hurt.

Waiting one more week will gain you 24 days on the deadline. Subtract the week you wait, you still gain 2+ weeks. Delivery confirmation is only a couple bucks, it's worth it. I paid for my postage at the counter ($.64). I didn't do the delivery confirmation, but I got a receipt for the postage, and that receipt has on it the zip-code and P.O. box it was sent to. I don't have proof (when) they received it (other than my check being cashed on the 14th) but I have proof I mailed to DOJ's P.O. box on the 1st.

Last edited:

scorpio_vette

I would NOT mail in an application right now. If they get it friday (thursday's a holiday) they'll have until Jan. 9th, 2013 to process it. If you mail it on Dec. 1st, and they get it on Dec 2nd, they'll have to process it by Dec. 22nd. Mail with delivery confirmation.

??? I'm sure I missed something about the whole processing, but can you please explain how they have more time if they receive it earlier??? I haven't actually followed up on the processing paperwork regs.

bigdaddy1

I don't know the specifics myself, but I do remember them saying that due to the expected work load they will have more time to process the applications at first.

safcrkr

??? I'm sure I missed something about the whole processing, but can you please explain how they have more time if they receive it earlier??? I haven't actually followed up on the processing paperwork regs.

Permits received by DOJ in the first 30 days after law's begin date of Nov. 1st, must be processed within 45 calender days. After the 1st 30 days (or beginning Dec. 1st, 2011) DOJ has 21 days to process an application received. IOW, if they get your app on Nov. 30th, they have 45 days (Jan. 14th, 2012) to process. If received on Dec. 1st, they have only 21 days to "act" (or Dec. 22, 2011). The one day differance between receiving on Nov. 30th or Dec. 1st, means a 24 day differance in time allotted to DOJ to process application. Get it? If you wait until Dec. 1st (and wisely mail with delivery confirmation to prove when they received it) they have 21 days, not the 45 alotted before Dec. 1st, to act on your app.

I've aleady waited 22 days, and it will be 24 when my next mail comes on Friday. If I mailed on Dec. 1st instead of Nov. 1st, and was still waiting after 24 days, they already be in violation of the law.