• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus Raging Judge

Tazeeyore

I own a 3" Judge for CCL but I am looking at the 6 1/2" Raging Judge to carry in the mountains or woods. And to shoot 100yd targets at our range. Has anyone fired or own a .454 Casull? Any opinions on this weapon?

09jisaac

I own a 3" Judge for CCL but I am looking at the 6 1/2" Raging Judge to carry in the mountains or woods. And to shoot 100yd targets at our range. Has anyone fired or own a .454 Casull? Any opinions on this weapon?

The .410 isn't what it was hyped up to be as a defensive round. For the woods bird shot wouldn't be a bad idea for snakes, and the .454 is good for larger animals.

j4l

Dont be too quick to knock .410 though- with the right loads and within a short range, it can be rather nasty.
But if used as a defensive arm vs. humans, I'd suggest stick to the .45 aspect of it- and still within short ranges- call it 15-20 ft.

I still want one of these myself-but for use against the seemingly endless hoards of rattlesnakes and cottonmouths I get around here..

bmward64

Absolutely!

Would love to own one of those as well, I want to focus on my home and carry defense collection first though.

BTW I'm not knocking the judge for carry, just not right for me.

MilProGuy

I've never shot the .454 Casull...but I can tell you that I'm sold on the Judge line of revolvers.

My Public Defender is very accurate with .45 Long Colt at 25 yards.

015judgepdbothammo.jpg

Firedawg314

About a week ago, I was able to shoot the 45 mag Raging Bull...WOW, with the vents in the barrel... really take away the recoil. I'm not perfect, but I was hitting a target about 8 inches in diameter at 25 yards away. I think that will be a good controlble handgun in the woods

yotetrapper

My buddy picked up a 3"bbl Raging Judge a few months ago. Awsome piece! We have been able to ding the 10" target at 100 yds with both .454 and the .45 long at least 1 out of 6.. fun fun fun tough to find a good affordable holster for though, just my 2¢