• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cheapest CCW class ABQ area

RogueWarrior

So if I read this correctly I'm screwed seeing that New Mexico will not issue a CCW to a non US citizen:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:. Just reading thru the states that do issue non resident CCW's a lot of them require the person to all ready have a state issue CCW. Apart from AZ but I do not know f there are any AZ instructor in NM

Last edited:

AH.74

No- first of all you do not need an AZ instructor here in NM. Just about ANY training will satisfy AZ's requirements- all you have to do is send a copy of your training certs with the application paperwork. Other things that will satisfy them are quoted above. If you do have a CCW from another state, it just makes things that much easier. But you don't need one.

Regarding the citizenship- that's why I recommended you give AZ DPS a call and ask them directly. See what they have to say about it, it's worth a shot.

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
So if I read this correctly I'm screwed seeing that New Mexico will not issue a CCW to a non US citizen:

Arizona:

General Eligibility
Applicants must:

•be a resident of this state or a United States citizen;
•be twenty-one years of age or older;
•not be under indictment for a felony offense;
•not be convicted of a felony offense, unless the conviction has been expunged, set aside, vacated or pardoned, or the individuals right to possess firearms has be restored AND the individual must not be a prohibited possessor under state or federal law.
•not suffer from mental illness and been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution;
•not be unlawfully present in the United States;
•complete a firearms safety training program pursuant to ARS §13-3112.N.

I wasn't aware AZ removed the requirement to be trained physically in AZ.

I understand your frustration. However, most states have similar requirements. You've been posting about this issue as long as I can think back. If you want to solve this - you're going to have to just start doing some in-depth research to find out if ANY state will issue a non-resident permit to someone that is not a U.S. Citizen. Frankly, just continually posting it here isn't helping you.

Steve Aikens

Last edited: