Thread: Beretta 96A1

Beretta 96A1

Hey All:

I just bought a Beretta 96A1 (.40 S&W) and went hunting for a holster, I understand this model has only been around a couple of years .. .. .. Ha Ha Ha !!!! I can't find a thing to fit this pistol.

I realy like the Fobus holsters as I have one for my Bersa and PX4 Storm .. .. .. Anyway does anyone own this pistol who could give me a real world answer .... like "Buy this it works"

Thanks .. .. ..

Dang, you're right. They are saying even a holster that fits a Model 92 or 96 with rails won't fit the Models 92/96 A1 versions.

http://www.fobusholster.com/products...R-607-111.html

Interesting.
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-21-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Difference between the 2 is the new 96A1 has a rounded trigger gaurd and the others are squared.

I have a 92a1. My understanding is that it is the same dimensions as the 96a1. Berreta usa lists holsters for the 92a1, 96a1 and 90 two without asking which one of the 3 you have. I probably would have just bought the 92FS if I had realized what a pain it would be to find a holster. I like the rounded trigger but don't plan to use the rail.

I bought a bianchi 82 for a beretta vertec with rail and that works great, it did require a little effort. http://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-82-Car...4&sr=8-1-fkmr0 When I first received it the fit was so tight it was difficult to get the gun in and even harder to get the gun out. I left the gun in the holster overnight, it's leather so it stretched a little. Over a couple day period I wrapped the gun with more saran wrap and added popsicle sticks and cardboard strips (held in place by the saran wrap). I stretched the holster to a perfect fit, still snug but not enough to slow down the draw. The automatic locking retention works very well. This is now my favorite holster. The 92a1 is a big gun to conceal but this tucks it in tight or works great for OC because the gun isn't sticking out banging into things.

Over on the beretta forum there is a thread dedicated to holsters that fit the 92a1. http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthrea...t=92a1+holster If you find one you like report back here. I'm interested in other options.

Quote Originally Posted by T1mH View Post
    I have a 92a1. My understanding is that it is the same dimensions as the 96a1. Berreta usa lists holsters for the 92a1, 96a1 and 90 two without asking which one of the 3 you have. I probably would have just bought the 92FS if I had realized what a pain it would be to find a holster. I like the rounded trigger but don't plan to use the rail.

I bought a bianchi 82 for a beretta vertec with rail and that works great, it did require a little effort. http://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-82-Car...4&sr=8-1-fkmr0 When I first received it the fit was so tight it was difficult to get the gun in and even harder to get the gun out. I left the gun in the holster overnight, it's leather so it stretched a little. Over a couple day period I wrapped the gun with more saran wrap and added popsicle sticks and cardboard strips (held in place by the saran wrap). I stretched the holster to a perfect fit, still snug but not enough to slow down the draw. The automatic locking retention works very well. This is now my favorite holster. The 92a1 is a big gun to conceal but this tucks it in tight or works great for OC because the gun isn't sticking out banging into things.

Over on the beretta forum there is a thread dedicated to holsters that fit the 92a1. http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthrea...t=92a1+holster If you find one you like report back here. I'm interested in other options.
    Why would I want to look at a thread about a 92A1 when I have a 96A1 ((( am I missing something ??? )))

Quote Originally Posted by Bersa.380 View Post
    Why would I want to look at a thread about a 92A1 when I have a 96A1 ((( am I missing something ??? )))
    Because it takes the same holster.

Quote Originally Posted by T1mH View Post
    Because it takes the same holster.
    YUP .... I figured it out after I posted, the difference is a 92A1 is the 9mm and the 96A1 is the .40S&W.

*** update ***

I caught wind on someother sites that a Fobus Holster part# BRV would work for my Beretta 96A1, so I ordered one and just got it in the mail today, it's a little tight putting the pistol into the holster, BUT ... after cycling it a few times I must say it fits real darn good, 99.8% perfect, and draws very well like any other Fobus.