• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burglarized

Lostlittlerobot

All they took was a pistol and some mags, and a camera sitting on my desk, and a surefire flashlight I had clipped onto a pair of pants sitting on my bed. They left a lot of valuable stuff, and even all of the ammo I had in ammo cans by the pistol, left holsters for the pistol they stole, and its case. I'm feelin a lil bit like they only picked me out as a target because they saw me open carry. Kinda sorting through stuff still, but posting this quick bit. Maybe edit it later with more details. Kinda also shocked they decide to try it when they know I'm always carrying.

They knocked down my front door, and came into my bedroom, and turned down the volume on my computer speakers which were playing music I left on for my cats while I worked. They opened my window...presumably so they could jump out the screen if they heard anyone come in, and went through my dresser, took all the change from my change cup, and so far that's all I can tell. They seemed like they knew what they were doing, or that they only cared about the gun and then left when they found it.

Last edited:

28kfps

Sounds more like opportunity type done by kids traveling light, on foot or bikes. I find it hard to believe they had motorized getaway wheels with the other stuff so handy and left behind. Sorry it happened.

The Big Guy

See? See? This is what happens with guns in our society. Now we have another armed criminal out there. Oh, wait a minute, I forgot, criminals get their firearms at gun shows! We have to close the loophole. This must have been a good hearted citizen that just wanted to remove evil guns from the street. Yes, that's it, a good Samaritan. Maybe if you had just had a sign on the door saying that break-ins were not allowed? Of course they would have seen that and been dissuaded from the B&E. We just simply need more laws and signs. That would solve everything.

TBG

drdcup

Sorry it happened to you. Just curious what part of town do you live in and how do you commute? Do you mostly walk, drive or take public transportation? Thanks.

MilitaryMike

I have started to layer my security. I have good locks (doubled) on all the doors, awesome neighbors who we look out for one-another, an ADT security system ($25 a month), a safe (and a good hiding spot for a few weapons I want readily availible), and now I am considering wireless cameras and a server to recor 48 hours worth of video. While not everyone can do this, try to make yourself a hard target. (open carry helps...a criminal who sees that moves on).

Last edited:

JackOR

That sucks man at least they didn't take more, I doubt you will ever see it again but ensure metro knows it's been stolen goes without saying

Lostlittlerobot

Yeah I told the 911 dispatcher, the cadet who wrote the report, and the csi that dusted/photographed my place all the serial #. My hopes of getting anything back is null, but I just don't want them to hurt anyone with what they stole...and some of the coins they took were my late grand father's =\

jdholmes

Never leave out the possibility in these crimes that it may very well be somebody that knows you.

Often times when specific items are searched out that is the case.

It of course may very well have been somebody desperate for a little money who only looked for light things they could sell quickly.

Any drug addicts in your circle, or living close by?

My brother used to be very addicted to pain killers and at his worst turned to these kind of crimes to support his habit.

Best of luck with it.

odesskiy

Why don't you post make/model of the gun and possibly the Serial #, so we can be on the lookout. You never know, it may surface on Backpage or something.