• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

holster choice

cheezhed

I just bought a ruger sr9c and will be looking for a couple of holsters, one a cheap nylon belt holster and the other a concealment holster. Any thoughts? I have been looking on the web and I am not to clear as to what fits this pistol.

JJC

I just bought a ruger sr9c and will be looking for a couple of holsters, one a cheap nylon belt holster and the other a concealment holster. Any thoughts? I have been looking on the web and I am not to clear as to what fits this pistol.

A holster should not be selected because it's "Cheap".

I'd recommend a retention holster of some type.

I use "Blackhawk Serpa's" for my choice of carrying.

JJC

Sorcice

A holster should not be selected because it's "Cheap".

I'd recommend a retention holster of some type.

I use "Blackhawk Serpa's" for my choice of carrying.

JJC

yes retention is especially nice when OCing being you don't have eyes in the back of your head it's much harder for a BG to take your gun if there is retention involved.. Here is a nice option for winter months being it has a jacket slip. I own and use it frequently now that I OC on a regular basis.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=7120

don't be discouraged if you cant find the accumold specifically for your gun.. find a gun on the list that will fit and is the same as yours as far as size and trigger guard size/placement and go with that. my Px4 uses the 92fs holster listed on the page.

As far as CC goes i'm still looking myself.. lol.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

My economical OC is a Blackhawk SERPA. My CC is a Galco SOB. Retention should be a very low priority. I had carried Mexican for years when my first IWB failed.

There is ample discussion on OCDO of minimal risk OBSERVED of a simple gun snatch. The Ludic Fallacy applies to gun carry as well as to all aspects of reality.

cheezhed

I don't buy the nylon holsters because they are cheap but I find them to be comfortable. I use a blackhawk CQC paddle holster for my commander and their IWB holster for my LC9. I will look into the holster makers that are members of this forum.
thanks

theoicarry

The leather Blackhawk Size #3 for the glock 17/22 will fit the SR9c perfectly..... I have one and also have the next size up for my SR40C.

BROKENSPROKET

The leather Blackhawk Size #3 for the glock 17/22 will fit the SR9c perfectly..... I have one and also have the next size up for my SR40C.

I thought I was going to be the first with a leather Blackhawk. I will post pictures of it when it's done. It's gonna be sweet. :cool:

Last edited:

goforlow

I guess I will throw in a positive note to "Big River Leathers". Scott made a holster for my KelTec PF9. It is OUTSTANDING!! I carried it for 7 days straight in Tampa FL and I gots no complaints!! Great product, good prices and a WI guy too!!

He also made one for my wife's S&W M&P 40C. Very well made, great retention!

Thanks Scott!!

M

McX

i heard that Buffalo Holster Co. and Cleveland's Holster Co. have teamed up to raise funds for an animal shelter in need, by offering part, or all of the proceeds to the shelter.

MKEgal

:idea: I have an idea...

There are many people who have the proverbial box of holsters,
& others who want to know what fits.
How about we get them together?

Would have to be someplace relatively private so people don't freak about pistols being handled.
I'm thinking a room in a restaurant, or maybe a certain repair shop in Racine, after hours...
make it a potluck?

No live ammo in any gun to be handled. Checked by 2 people.
All safety rules apply.

And if someone wanting a hoster meets up with someone with a spare they want to sell, all the better.
Y'all figure out how best to label the holsters for ownership & "what does this fit".

Yes, I'm focussing on SE WI again, because this is where a lot of the population is.
Feel free to do the same in your area.

The only member-made holster I've tried is Cleveland's...
It's sort of new so I'm still working to get it broken in, but it is quality construction.

BrewTownBagger

Would have to be someplace relatively private so people don't freak about pistols being handled.
I'm thinking a room in a restaurant, or maybe a certain repair shop in Racine, after hours...
make it a potluck?

All safety rules apply.

And if someone wanting a hoster meets up with someone with a spare they want to sell, all the better.
Y'all figure out how best to label the holsters for ownership & "what does this fit".

Yes, I'm focussing on SE WI again, because this is where a lot of the population is.

It's sort of new so I'm still working to get it broken in, but it is quality construction.

We can meet at my office in Wauwatosa

M

McX

or maybe a certain repair shop in Racine, after hours...

i resemble that remark!

FarmerGreg

make it a potluck?

All safety rules apply.

I just got a Cleveland (ugly holster) a few weeks ago also and I would have to agree it is top quality and it makes my Glock 23 (40cal) just vanish behind my shirt. :D