• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

holster choice

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I just got a Cleveland (ugly holster) a few weeks ago also and I would have to agree it is top quality and it makes my Glock 23 (40cal) just vanish behind my shirt. :D

I've got one for my Ruger SR9. I really like it as well. Very comfortable when worn for an extended period of time.

svelectric

I love my Serpa, but especially love my Galco Classic Lite. Shoulder carry is my only way of 100% confy carry all day, in car, walking around, working. The only thing I wouldn't do with it is exercise. I am looking for an alternative for that.

BrewTownBagger

I love my Serpa, but especially love my Galco Classic Lite. Shoulder carry is my only way of 100% confy carry all day, in car, walking around, working. The only thing I wouldn't do with it is exercise. I am looking for an alternative for that.

Do you always wear a sport coat or suit? How do you keep it concealed?

Carcharodon

I have a Crossbreed super tuck, for my Glock 36 it is great. Very comfortable, very concealable. It looks exactly like one of clevelands "ugly holsters" but like 3x the price, lol. I will be buying my next from him and my dads as well.

jrclen

I had carried Mexican for years when my first IWB failed.

What does carry Mexican mean if you don't mind my asking. I did a search of the site but got a long form to fill out and though it would be easier to just ask here. I was unable to get past those fuzzy letter things.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

What does carry Mexican mean if you don't mind my asking. I did a search of the site but got a long form to fill out and though it would be easier to just ask here. I was unable to get past those fuzzy letter things.

it means just tucking it in your waist-band with no holster. Someone coined that term and I for one hate it. :mad:Gangbangers of all races carry that way, atleast in the movies.

Sorcice

Just ordered my CrossBreed Super Tuck Deluxe in Horse hide. Now I get to wait a few weeks.. Sigh.

Hand:Right Hand
Holster Color/Leather: Horsehide Natural Add $15
Gun:Beretta PX4, PX4 compact
Combat Cut?:No
Velcro V-Clips:No
J-Clips:Yes (Add $10)
Subtotal $94.75
Shipping & Handling $8.95
Total $103.70
I'll do the combat cut myself if I want. It's really not hard.

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

Let's see. After I buy my holster what kind of car should I buy? I do leatherwork, mostly saddles and horse tack and knife sheaths but when I want a leather holster I make my own. Mostly because they look nice. My holster material of choice when I carry? Nylon. No particular reason other than price, comfort, flexiblility, fit, durability, most are ambidextrous, cleanibility (soap and water and a fingernail brush), maintenance (no oiling to stain clothing). Not the $10 gun show specials. Something like the Bianchi T6505. $75. Or a Uncle Mike's nylon about $35.

svelectric

Do you always wear a sport coat or suit? How do you keep it concealed?

It hides quite well under a button down shirt, just like a smart carry. Most of the time it's just under a fleece jacket/pullover. And the great thing about WI is, if I don't want to, I don't have to conceal it. Easy on/off as well, hangs nicely next to my bed to. I rarely have to unholster it, except to lock it in the trunk.

I do 50/50 open/concealed carry with it. Will be more concealed with winter starting.

cleveland

I of course have a bias opinion. :)

I wanted a nice concealed carry holster this past summer but I was disheartened by the prices and turnaround time. Sorcice posted the price of his Crossbreed and that's a prime example of what I found. On top of that I saw major flaws in the design. It doesn't cover the entire barrel, it looses it's retention over time, etc...

If I am spending over $100 on a holster (ON A FREAKING HOLSTER?! $100?! REALLY?!) I would think it should have a better design. So I tried making my own, I've always been a hands on sort of person. I've spoke with David and he started for the similar reasons.

Now I make a hybrid concealed carry holster that has a better design then ANY of the major brands hybrid holster, and I sell then for less. $39 for cowhide and $49 for a horsehide holster!

As for open carry, a member came over a couple months ago and showed me his Safariland duty style holster with a thumb release. That thing was SWEET! If I were going to buy an OWB non-leather holster, that would be it!

Last edited: