• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun belt

xmanhockey7

What do you guys use for a gun belt? I am looking at getting a new one and I don't care to hear about just a thick leather belt, I mean a belt designed for carrying a gun.

j4l

Beyond such a piece being slightly thicker -not wider-thicker- to support the weight,etc. There's not a whole lot of difference from anything you can buy of the rack at Haggar.

What kind do you want? Black, Brown? Can make just about any type/style needed, if you want-within reason-and with just about any kind of hardware.

BRB0002.jpg

MadHatter66

As for a belt for carrying a gun... I use both the ones linked below... They are not leather, but work very very well. There are several types out there... Blackhawk makes one, 5.11, galco, bianchi etc... Just look for either a 5-stitch belt or instructors belt...

I carry a fully loaded Sig P229, spare mag, flashlight and handcuffs and never have any problems with sagging or rolling... I would recommend the wilderness tactical over anything out there though... My galco is just about as good, but not quite there...

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum6416.php
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2526141222/wilderness-tactical-5-stitch-instructor-belt-nylon

Last edited:

thnycav

I use my old stirrup leathers they are stronger than any belt you can find and I do save money because when I can no longer use them for riding I use them for a belt.

Last edited:

Waterborne

I have a couple of belts that I use depending on how I am carrying that particular day. For most of my carry, OWB in an all kydex holster, I use a Galco instructor belt. It is nylon webbing 1.5" wide and has a reinforcing strip through it to help with the weight. When I do conceal, I use a 1.5" horsehide belt that is double stitched and reinforced as well. The horsehide belt was made by a local MI guy that does some excellent leather work. If you do go that route, PM me and I'll give you his contact details.

CliffB

Try here

Try this link, www.crossbreedseconds.com/. If they have your size you'll save a few bucks on it and if not you can buy new. I've worn a CrossBreed belt for 4 years and it's still like new. In my opinion there is no comparison between a leather belt and a holster belt. I carry a 1911 all day and the belt is comfortable and supportive.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
These guys seem to have a pretty good product:

http://www.comp-tac.com/

...and for tomorrow only (Black Friday) their stuff is 20% off (using their 20%-off CODE #) which works out well for me since I was going to order a "Settable Cant Holster" and a gun belt for it at the same time.

So, I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Unfortunatey, although you can only order online (they have no B&M storefront I can drive to) living in TX I have to pay the state sales tax, but any of you out-of-staters don't. Still, I'll at least get some savings...

Of course there are other quality gear makers (some named in other posts above), but many of them take weeks to make the item and then more time to ship it to you -- I need my stuff sooner and Comp-Tac can ship after a 3-5 days production time. I've also read customer comments/reviews online that their service is tops, too. Works for me.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

As for a belt for carrying a gun... I use both the ones linked below... They are not leather, but work very very well. There are several types out there... Blackhawk makes one, 5.11, galco, bianchi etc... Just look for either a 5-stitch belt or instructors belt...

I carry a fully loaded Sig P229, spare mag, flashlight and handcuffs and never have any problems with sagging or rolling... I would recommend the wilderness tactical over anything out there though... My galco is just about as good, but not quite there...

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum6416.php
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2526141222/wilderness-tactical-5-stitch-instructor-belt-nylon
I've been using The Wilderness Frequent Flyer 3-stitch belt for a couple of years now and really like it. Normally goes for $33.95 but is on sale right now for $28.86.

Last edited: