• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northwest Arms in NW Las Vegas

SDSG

I noticed a new firearms store popped up near my neck of the woods and stopped by on Saturday morning. I dont often OC, but I just happened to be doing so after coming home from the range. The owner never mentioned my OC'd handgun and they seem to be carry friendly.

Nice selection of handguns (particularly 1911's) and a wall full of rifles along with ammo and other things... though their prices are a bit high.

Just a heads up as I know a few stores in town are anti-OC.

28kfps

Welcome to OC.org NV. I have a co-worker that has been volunteering helping with their new store. Says his first impression of the store and owner is good. Really, do not have any more info than what you have posted.

Vegassteve

The prices on gun gebie for them are really good. Enough that the extra 10 bucks on most guns over NFAs prices make it worth the gas money for me.

I have bought items from them, no guns yet. They have all been very nice and helpful. Also answered my question about OC on the facebook page for them. They are fine with it, just dont brandish it.

ed2276

I noticed a new firearms store popped up near my neck of the woods and stopped by on Saturday morning. I dont often OC, but I just happened to be doing so after coming home from the range. The owner never mentioned my OC'd handgun and they seem to be carry friendly.

Nice selection of handguns (particularly 1911's) and a wall full of rifles along with ammo and other things... though their prices are a bit high.

Just a heads up as I know a few stores in town are anti-OC.

Is that the one off of the 95 on Craig, behind the McDonald's?

702Shooter

...though their prices are a bit high.

Compared to who?

I've been spending a lot of time at NW Arms in the last couple of weeks as well as regular visits to other stores and their prices are equal to or better than most in town. Plus they will price match in many cases.

Vegassteve

Compared to who?

I've been spending a lot of time at NW Arms in the last couple of weeks as well as regular visits to other stores and their prices are equal to or better than most in town. Plus they will price match in many cases.

Yep found the prices to be very well in line with others in town that I di biz with. Lower prices and great staff.

SDSG

Their prices are not at all unreasonable, just a bit more than I have found at NFA (PMag's for around $14 vs $18 at NorthWest) for guns and accessories and Buds (online). I was very interested in the Colt Wiley Clap Commander they had, but I found it for about $200 less elsewhere. I bought a few magazines, some ammo, and a hat while I was there last time. The owner is a very nice guy and I'll keep going back!

ed2276

NW Arms is not too far from my house, and given the good reviews here I checked it out. The staff was very friendly, and had great senses of humor.

I ended up trading in my Kahr P9 for an M&P9 compact. I was looking for a gun with the slide release on the right side (I am a lefty) and the M&P was about the only gun with good reviews that was set up for lefties. The M&P9 compact they had there was priced about $30 below MSRP. With my trade-in I got the gun for $400. After I cleared a quick background check with NHP, I walked out of the store with my new gun.

I am excited about having the M&P. I've heard good things about it and read some good reviews. There do seem to be some issues with it for me though.

I got the Kahr because it had a slim profile and was lightweight. It was an easy gun to carry. The M&P9 compact is a heavier gun, even without the added weight of a 12 round mag (the Kahr had a 7 round mag), and is wider than the Kahr P9. However, I do like having more rounds on hand in the M&P.

Next, the grip is not long enough for my hand without the finger extension mag in place. The second mag has a flat plate. When I was looking at the Kahr line, I had narrowed my choice down to between the Kahr PM9 and the Kahr P9. The Kahr PM9 was a bit lighter and smaller than the Kahr P9, but the grip was also shorter. With the Kahr PM9, my grip would have ended up with my middle two fingers around the grip and my pinky finger resting underneath the bottom of the grip. I didn't like that feeling, so I went with the Kahr P9, which had a longer grip so I could get all three of my fingers around it. Unfortunately, the second mag that came with the M&P doesn't have the finger extension; it is a flat plate. This results in my pinky finger ending up under the bottom of the grip.

Another thing I am experiencing with the loaded mag for the M&P is that it doesn't slide right into place. The empty mag slips right on into the grip and locks in place smoothly. With a loaded mag, however, I am finding that I have to slap the mag into place to lock it in.

It may sound like I see a lot of negatives with the M&P9 compact, but I am hoping the gun will live up to its positive reviews when I shoot it; and at least I have a gun that works for lefties, like me.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I've been VERY impressed with the M&P. I swear it is on my short list of must-have pistols. I've a friend with the .40. Another friend is a die-hard revolver man and FINALLY today for the first time he had me qualify him to put an automatic on his CCW. While he used his genuine WW2 M1911A1 service pistol (he has a vintage collection larger than mine...) for the qualification, it is an M&P .45 that he got last year that he wants the ability to carry since it is his main "truck gun" for OTR trucking.

But my favorite experience was being a Range Safety Officer during the 2009 NV State IDPA Championships. A very lovely lady from Team Smith & Wesson let me play with hers.

greengum

I have only ever owned revolvers but want to make the change over to semi. I went down to the local range and rented everything under the sun and shot best with a M&P .40. It will be my next buy for sure. High quality, comfort and a name to back it up.

Remmy

I have only ever owned revolvers but want to make the change over to semi. I went down to the local range and rented everything under the sun and shot best with a M&P .40. It will be my next buy for sure. High quality, comfort and a name to back it up.

I have the M&P .40C if you ever wanna shoot it lemme know well hoook up for some rounds down range.