Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trigger Talk Radio - Open Carry

Trigger Talk Radio - Open Carry

If you have not watch this, you should. Passing the video to the Michigan people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBv0mRjXAeY

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Mr. Cupcake is ill informed. He has no fing idea of what he is talking about. Typical CPL instructor. Tactical advantage crap.....
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

I know, that why I relay the message to you guys, so you are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Drouin View Post
    I know, that why I relay the message to you guys, so you are aware.
    Thanks, I have sent a message to the host asking for a chance to discuss the other side.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Angry Arghhh!

http://www.waamradio.com

Well it is an Ann Arbor radio station...

These two guys are @~$%^*

**And note Dick (*&^%$) is a CPL instructor, so I'd say there's a little self interest/promotion going on here.

Less than 3% of the population in MI. has a CPL so basically F**K the other 97% of the population I guess in his view?

Gee $%^&**(()))_)@##$@!$$$%^^&^*&*&(*(*())()~!!!~@#$$% %^^^&
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 12-12-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: beatdown retracted due latest show ;)
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

I thought he did well other than messing up open carry in a PFZ
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Yes, he showed himself a bit ignorant (to be kind). What struck me as funny was that he actually recommended that people READ a very particular Michigan State police legal bulletin (i.e the same bulletin that explained the legality of open carry in a PFZ). Apparently, he needs a refresher course on Michigan firearms law. Inexcusable for an instructor that presents himself as an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Thanks, I have sent a message to the host asking for a chance to discuss the other side.
    +1

Please post if you get a reply
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

When seconds count, the Police are just minutes away !!

Cool Interesting

I do need to get me a holster for my M&P compact .40 with some sort of lock to get gun out. Any recommendations?

What was that catelog was that guy talking about? Black what?
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

Quote Originally Posted by T Mack View Post
    I do need to get me a holster for my M&P compact .40 with some sort of lock to get gun out. Any recommendations?

It was Blackhawk...
    I have the M&P 9c and use the BLACKHAWK! CQC Holster the SERPA versions have the "Active Retention" you are looking for, goto their website to see all they have. I have found the best price on opticsplanet.com .($28) My holster has been great; comfortable, sturdy and has lots of adjustments too. Of course with the M&P being so popular you could find one locally too...(the compact M&P fits in the same holster as the full size M&P, just FYI)
    Last edited by Scooter; 11-26-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: edit to add pricing

Quote Originally Posted by FS23 View Post
    Please post if you get a reply
    He replied immediately and a date for a show is being worked on. Maybe even next week. Will announce the day. He was very willing to discuss any other opinions. He felt they were not anti-OC and that may be true, I want to correct some of the miss-information he may have.

Quote Originally Posted by T Mack View Post

Check this out as well, smooth release good retention <$50 http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/p....aspx?pid=6378

I just listened to it -- go get 'em, Venator!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    there was a lot of ignorance in that video for a supposed expert
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Cool Just ordered

A Blackhawk catalog...
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Please don't use anything "Serpa"

I will be on the show with the CPL instructor that was on the last show. Matt Clark, the host, has the show scheduled for December 11th. I will have more info when I find out the time, etc...

go get em Venator!
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM

I will be on the show with the CPL instructor that was on the last show. Matt Clark, the host, has the show scheduled for December 11th. I will have more info when I find out the time, etc...
    \o/
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Please don't use anything "Serpa"
    Why don't you like serpa holsters? I love mine when I get the chance to use it.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Why don't you like serpa holsters? I love mine when I get the chance to use it.
    Do you have internet service?

Maybe try a search.

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Do you have internet service?

Maybe try a search.
    That doesn't state why YOU don't like them. The main complaint I've seen is people saying the release button causes the trigger finger to curve into the trigger guard and risk a negligent discharge. Personally I haven't had any issues with my serpa so I ask again, why don't YOU like them. If you don't like them because of what other people have said and not your personal experiences that's fine, but at least state a few of those reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    That doesn't state why YOU don't like them. The main complaint I've seen is people saying the release button causes the trigger finger to curve into the trigger guard and risk a negligent discharge. Personally I haven't had any issues with my serpa so I ask again, why don't YOU like them. If you don't like them because of what other people have said and not your personal experiences that's fine, but at least state a few of those reasons.
    Snow, dirt, rocks/pebbles can cause the retention release button to lock up also. That's why I ditched my SERPA. My new SafariLand ALS doesn't wiggle nearly as much either...!

I commend the show for so far be willing to hear the other side and perhaps even admit they were wrong on a few points originally. More journalism should be like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast