Thread: Disparity in the law, church v school

Disparity in the law, church v school

18.2-283. Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship.
    If any person carry any gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place he shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.
    Therefore change the law to say:

18.2-XXX Carrying dangerous weapon in K-12 school.
    If any person carry any gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a K-12 school during normal school hours he shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.
    Thought?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Therefore change the law to say:

Thought?
    If one was going to stick with the "good and sufficient reason" wording, there needs to be something that defines what is "good and sufficient reason".

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    All lawful purposes...may work.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Define normal school hours or get rid of the word normal and be more specific. I know what you mean by the phrase, but that doesn't mean anything.
    Last edited by t33j; 11-22-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I would prefer to simply delete those codes altogether. There are already laws against "using" a firearm in a crime. We don't need to create any gun free zone (nor vague language to allow one imposed where it wasn't intended).

In my not so humble opinion there never should be any law that makes a crime of simply possession of a firearm or weapon. Criminal intent should be needed.

In my perfect world as I check in at the airline counter the conversation should go something like this:

Have you packed your own bags: Yes
    Are you carrying any firearms today: Yes
    Please let me inspect your firearm to make sure it is empty: Ok
    Here is your complimentary frangible ammunition, enough for one to two magazines: Thank you ... (loading magazines)
    Are you willing to be called upon in the case of an emergency on the flight: Yes
    Raise your right hand and swear to uphold the constitution and preserve the life of innocent persons: So help me God
    Ok here is your boarding pass, and since you are a temporary air-deputy they will let you board first.
    Thanks, ;-)

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    In my perfect world as I check in at the airline counter the conversation should go something like this:

Here is your complimentary frangible ammunition, enough for one to two magazines: Thank you ... (loading magazines)
    Are you willing to be called upon in the case of an emergency on the flight: Yes
    Raise your right hand and swear to uphold the constitution and preserve the life of innocent persons: So help me God
    Ok here is your boarding pass, and since you are a temporary air-deputy they will let you board first.
    Thanks, ;-)
    Archie said it best! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLjNJI54GMM
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    I would prefer to simply delete those codes altogether. There are already laws against "using" a firearm in a crime. We don't need to create any gun free zone (nor vague language to allow one imposed where it wasn't intended).

In my not so humble opinion there never should be any law that makes a crime of simply possession of a firearm or weapon. Criminal intent should be needed.

Thanks, ;-)
    Yes and rubber/bean bag rounds/bullets for court rooms.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?