• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disparity in the law, church v school

paramedic70002

§ 18.2-283. Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship.
If any person carry any gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place he shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.

Therefore change the law to say:

§ 18.2-XXX Carrying dangerous weapon in K-12 school.
If any person carry any gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a K-12 school during normal school hours he shall be guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.

Thought?

t33j

Define normal school hours or get rid of the word normal and be more specific. I know what you mean by the phrase, but that doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

I would prefer to simply delete those codes altogether. There are already laws against "using" a firearm in a crime. We don't need to create any gun free zone (nor vague language to allow one imposed where it wasn't intended).

In my not so humble opinion there never should be any law that makes a crime of simply possession of a firearm or weapon. Criminal intent should be needed.

In my perfect world as I check in at the airline counter the conversation should go something like this:

Have you packed your own bags: Yes
Are you carrying any firearms today: Yes
Please let me inspect your firearm to make sure it is empty: Ok
Here is your complimentary frangible ammunition, enough for one to two magazines: Thank you ... (loading magazines)
Are you willing to be called upon in the case of an emergency on the flight: Yes
Raise your right hand and swear to uphold the constitution and preserve the life of innocent persons: So help me God
Ok here is your boarding pass, and since you are a temporary air-deputy they will let you board first.
Thanks, ;-)

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
In my perfect world as I check in at the airline counter the conversation should go something like this:

Here is your complimentary frangible ammunition, enough for one to two magazines: Thank you ... (loading magazines)
Are you willing to be called upon in the case of an emergency on the flight: Yes
Raise your right hand and swear to uphold the constitution and preserve the life of innocent persons: So help me God
Ok here is your boarding pass, and since you are a temporary air-deputy they will let you board first.
Thanks, ;-)

Archie said it best! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLjNJI54GMM

ocholsteroc

I would prefer to simply delete those codes altogether. There are already laws against "using" a firearm in a crime. We don't need to create any gun free zone (nor vague language to allow one imposed where it wasn't intended).

In my not so humble opinion there never should be any law that makes a crime of simply possession of a firearm or weapon. Criminal intent should be needed.

Thanks, ;-)

Yes ;) and rubber/bean bag rounds/bullets for court rooms.