• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw a "WAVE" anti card in person today

jpm84092

Wisconsin Will Eventually Get Used to It

Wisconsin will eventually get used to open and concealed carry. In my three years of residence in Utah the only "no guns" signs I have ever seen have been a hospitals and some, but not all, of their clinics. By way of example, the hospital down the block (Alta View) has no guns signs posted at the admittance and emergency entrances, but my urologist, who has an office in that complex, refuses to post. I have never seen a no guns sign at any retail business.

My personal care physician, a good general practice healthcare professional, recently had some blood work and an EKG done on me. With the doc present and the EKG tech (also female) setting up, I was asked to remove all metal from my person, including my belt. So I dutifully complied and removed my Springfield XD-9, my Kel-Tec back up gun, my belt, my cell phone, and the few coins I had. The doc didn't even blink. Apparently, having patients remove their personal self defense accessories is not at all uncommon in that practice.

jpm84092

Now Comes The Yellow Cat

The interested reader will note that the study, in addition to having serious flaws in methodology, begins a full year and a few months before the very first Concealed Firearms Permits were issued in North Carolina. And for the remaining 3 years, there is no accounting for whether or not any employees at businesses that allowed firearms were actually armed or had a permit when homicides occurred there. And, no description of the "controls" were provided. Thus, the businesses studies as controls may have been banks with armed security guards, airports with metal detectors, or even secure businesses withing the Raleigh Durham Research Triangle that likewise search all personal bags and use metal detectors - and - the studied cases may have been the usual targets of armed robbery such as 7-11, Stop-N-Go, and the like. If such a methodology was utilized this is an obvious study induced bias that guaranteed the results presented.

The University of North Carolina was vehemently anti-carry following the North Carolina legislature's passage of their concealed carry bill and the subsequent signature by the governor. This may well explain the somewhat questionable methodology of the study.

As a scientist, I find it curious that the most important aspects of any report of a study, the "Methods and Materials" description was omitted because, as the author wrote, it is "described elsewhere", but the location of "elsewhere" is not provided.

range rat

Here is what a fact check of Bonavia's "facts" found:

"She implies that 80% of businesses in the other 48 states that have conceal and carry… ban guns. That is a complete and total lie. I spent the last four and a half days researching that false claim and have unequivocally determined it is a lie. No state has an 80% rate. No state even has a 30% rate. In fact, there is absolutely no verifiable sources that keep track of those statistics in any state. So, she’s merely making up a reality that does not exist. There are estimates (none go as high as 30%) but nothing that can be verified. Here in Minnesota, it is estimated and not verified that 14% of businesses do not allow guns on the premises, and those are mostly big employers like GE and other manufacturing type firms. Not your local grocery store."

http://madisle.info/2011/08/01/jeri-bonavia-wave-appear-to-be-telling-bald-faced-lies/#axzz1eLvwHDSG

Hi, Ho, Would you mine if I use this ???

I,ve got a week left on this grave yard shift, an ten weeks of recoop time after the sliceing & diceing is done on my arm,an i'm in the mood for some fun... I've also down loaded santes nasty list of stores!!

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Enjoy, go to the orginal article on the link. The orginal was written by "The Admiral" on an Ashland area website. He obviously has the BS meter going on Ms. Bonavia and WAVE.

Last edited:

hermannr

That WAVE site says there is a database of business that don't allow firearms. I would like to see that. Then I know where to send letters in protest and I can make sure to spend my money at their competition. I have no quarrels about letting their competition know why I would rather support a business that uses their brains and realize these signs make kill zones.

The "database" is probably our own friend or foe web site.

bmwguy11

On the WAVE facebook page they linked the story about MKEgal from jsonline and of course went off on their little liberal tantrums about how scary guns are.

Oh and dont' bother posting on their facebook page, they are on it like 24/7 and delete anything you post and immediately "ban" you from their page. They don't want to hear logic, fact, or reason.

XDFDE45

Oh and don't bother posting on their facebook page, they are on it like 24/7 and delete anything you post and immediately "ban" you from their page. They don't want to hear logic, fact, or reason.
They are all for a "debate" as long it is line with their anti-gun agenda. If not get ready to be punted off their page right quick.