• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw a "WAVE" anti card in person today

bmwguy11

I was at my buddy's local restaurant this morning for breakfast. I was "casually concealed" in which I was using a serpa II OWB holster, but my sweater covers most of it, and when I have my jacket on it completely covers it. During the course of my meal I was getting warm, so I took my jacket off, and I caught the glance of some lady and her friend. They clearly saw my gun and acted as if they wanted to flee in horror. As I finished eating and paid for my meal, one of the women got up and went outside and was looking around. Hindsight, I think she was looking for a "no guns allowed" sign. (there is none)

They were still there when I left. I got a call from my friend about 15 minutes later. He said after I left, one of the women asked for a manager. My friend walked out and the woman handed him one of those misleading WAVE cards full of lies and misinformation, and went off about how dangerous guns are, and there are families/children in there, and on and on. She also talked about how "that guy at the counter" had a gun she could clearly see and she was "about to call the cops but then he left".

He told her that he is well aware of the fact that his restaurant is MORE safe by allowing law-abiding citizens to carry in his restaurant. And if she doesn't like it, then she can go somewhere else. He told her "it'll be a cold day in hell before I put one of those "target us, we're defenseless" signs on his door. She huffed and puffed some more then left.

EDIT: Pardon me that title should have said "saw a WAVE anti card person today"

Last edited:

XDFDE45

She would have looked like an idiot had she called the cops. I can only imagine what she was thinking, probably waiting for you to take your gun out and start shooting so they could use you as an example on how people will suddenly go crazy if you carry a gun
icon_rolleyes.gif

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Here is what a fact check of Bonavia's "facts" found:

"She implies that 80% of businesses in the other 48 states that have conceal and carry… ban guns. That is a complete and total lie. I spent the last four and a half days researching that false claim and have unequivocally determined it is a lie. No state has an 80% rate. No state even has a 30% rate. In fact, there is absolutely no verifiable sources that keep track of those statistics in any state. So, she’s merely making up a reality that does not exist. There are estimates (none go as high as 30%) but nothing that can be verified. Here in Minnesota, it is estimated and not verified that 14% of businesses do not allow guns on the premises, and those are mostly big employers like GE and other manufacturing type firms. Not your local grocery store."

http://madisle.info/2011/08/01/jeri-bonavia-wave-appear-to-be-telling-bald-faced-lies/#axzz1eLvwHDSG

bmwguy11

Yea this was the card they handed him.

https://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5610/c/238/images/WAVE_No_Guns_Handout(2).pdf

Full of all lies. I myself did some research on the first two statements. The 3 in 1 "survey" was done with mostly democratic leaning counties, and using a source that is a liberal/democrat polling institute that is often used by the left when they want to release left-leaning polls. And the 2nd part about the "5 to 7" times more likely statement... There's about a million things wrong with that one that anyone with google can find out why it's wrong, false, and completely misleading/incorrect.

And yea the 80% one always makes me laugh.

bigdaddy1

While I seriously doubt I will get any response, this is the message I sent to them through their web site.

Hi, I recently received one of your post a sign cards and have been trying to verify any of the facts you post on the card with out any success. Would you please provide your sources for these reported facts? I also noticed you forgot to mention the liability clause with a business that posts, where a business that does post a no weapons sign is now liable for any injury or loss associated with a criminal act while on that property. I am sure that was simply an oversight, as I am sure it wouldn't be your intent to mislead any business with your information as that would simply be dishonest. I look forward to seeing your fact source. Thank you

M

McX

Protias gave me a nice supply of no guns no money cards at last visit, keep them in my wallet, and by the white card. that's my counter to their card. their card speaks of theory, mine of fact.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Yea this was the card they handed him.

https://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5610/c/238/images/WAVE_No_Guns_Handout(2).pdf

Full of all lies. I myself did some research on the first two statements. The 3 in 1 "survey" was done with mostly democratic leaning counties, and using a source that is a liberal/democrat polling institute that is often used by the left when they want to release left-leaning polls. And the 2nd part about the "5 to 7" times more likely statement... There's about a million things wrong with that one that anyone with google can find out why it's wrong, false, and completely misleading/incorrect.

And yea the 80% one always makes me laugh.

This link rips apart the "5 to 7" statement:

http://newsbusters.org/node/11663

Here is the "5 to 7" study. WAVE doesn't point out that the study was unable to show the causal relationship between allowing firearms in the workplace and their conclusion.

The study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1449263/pdf/0950830.pdf

DocWalker

While I seriously doubt I will get any response, this is the message I sent to them through their web site.

Hi, I recently received one of your post a sign cards and have been trying to verify any of the facts you post on the card with out any success. Would you please provide your sources for these reported facts? I also noticed you forgot to mention the liability clause with a business that posts, where a business that does post a no weapons sign is now liable for any injury or loss associated with a criminal act while on that property. I am sure that was simply an oversight, as I am sure it wouldn't be your intent to mislead any business with your information as that would simply be dishonest. I look forward to seeing your fact source. Thank you

You boat rocker you.......I like it....good, good.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Can someone with some talent make up a counter card to WAVE's lies in the same format as WAVE's, and headed up "Be a SAFER WISCONSIN business"

Point: By a huge margin of nearly 4 to 1 Wisconsin citizens approved the right to carry a firearm for security and self-defense.

Point: The is no evidence that permitting firearms in the work place is a cause of workplace homicides.

Point: The vast majority of businesses nationwide and in Wisconsin, including Walmart, Target, many banks, Mc Donalds, Kwik Trip, Culvers, many Pic N Saves permit firearm carry in accordance with state law.

Tens of thousands of Wisconsin residents and millions nationwide have concealed carry licenses. Many of them, out of concern for their own and their family's safety, will avoid businesses that prohibit them from providing for their self-defense.

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon

They were still there when I left. I got a call from my friend about 15 minutes later. He said after I left, one of the women asked for a manager. My friend walked out and the woman handed him one of those misleading WAVE cards full of lies and misinformation, and went off about how dangerous guns are, and there are families/children in there, and on and on. She also talked about how "that guy at the counter" had a gun she could clearly see and she was "about to call the cops but then he left".

He told her that he is well aware of the fact that his restaurant is MORE safe by allowing law-abiding citizens to carry in his restaurant. And if she doesn't like it, then she can go somewhere else. He told her "it'll be a cold day in hell before I put one of those "target us, we're defenseless" signs on his door. She huffed and puffed some more then left.
If only he'd had a recorder! :monkey:cool:

bigdaddy1

BMWguy, if your friend doesnt mind please let us know this fine establishment so we also can enjoy his food while under our own protection.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I'm assuming you were in the WB area. I've been looking for a new breakfast place.

How are the cheeseburgers?

Sent with Tapatalk

Cobra469

That WAVE site says there is a database of business that don't allow firearms. I would like to see that. Then I know where to send letters in protest and I can make sure to spend my money at their competition. I have no quarrels about letting their competition know why I would rather support a business that uses their brains and realize these signs make kill zones.

bmwguy11

BMWguy, if your friend doesnt mind please let us know this fine establishment so we also can enjoy his food while under our own protection.

Crossroads Restaurant in Hubertus, WI. (it's just NW of germantown/falls area)

He more than welcomes anyone who is a 2A supporter.

(used to be corfu restaurant)

Last edited:

bmwguy11

I'm assuming you were in the WB area. I've been looking for a new breakfast place.

How are the cheeseburgers?

Sent with Tapatalk

Pretty decent. The pancakes are AWESOME. His restaurant is about 10-15 mins, just off and south of holy hill road off the freeway.

nevinsb

Please thank the store owner for his support. I'm sure he will get a few more visitors from your post here.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Crossroads Restaurant in Hubertus, WI. (it's just NW of germantown/falls area)

He more than welcomes anyone who is a 2A supporter.

(used to be corfu restaurant)

I will be sure to reference this story when I'm in there thanking him for allowing me to patronize his business. Hopefully that old cow is in there.

Sent with Tapatalk