Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another BB&T Bank Robbed in NoVA

Founder's Club Member

Another BB&T Bank Robbed in NoVA

Just heard it on the radio.

BB&T bank on Old Keene Mill Road in Springfield robbed.

Where's Ed? I think they need another post-card asking how that No Guns policy is working out for them.

Gawd, but it seems like BB&T gets robbed a lot. You wouldn't catch me having an account there.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-22-2011 at 10:14 PM.

I was just there a few days ago to deposit funds into the VCDL account from one of the gun shows. I was OCing and had to disarm to deposit the money. Luckily my wife was with me and she kept a watchful eye on my gun (which she knows how to use.) I contacted Philip about why were still using that bank and they gave me PNC as an option. Still don't understand why we still have an account with an anti bank. Obviously their no guns sign is not helping them.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    It occurs to me the radio report did not actually mention a gun. It could have been a package claimed to be a bomb. Or, a knife. Prolly should check that out before Ed sends a card.

Edited to Add:

Here is a quote from the website of the local armed government gang:

In today’s case, the suspect entered the bank around 1 p.m., implied she had a weapon and demanded money from the teller. She left with an undisclosed amount of cash and there were no injuries.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/...erbankrobb.htm
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-22-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Where's Ed? I think they need another post-card asking how that No Guns policy is working out for them
    Prolly should check that out before Ed sends a card.
    I'm on it.. updated card will go out tomorrow to HQ and the branch that got robbed. My news did say it was a GUN.
    Here is a previous car.. If someone writes a better "back" by tomorrow morning, I will use it or parts of it.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    I'm on it.. updated card will go out tomorrow to HQ and the branch that got robbed. My news did say it was a GUN.
    Here is a previous car.. If someone writes a better "back" by tomorrow morning, I will use it or parts of it.
    Typo: while ding (sic - doing) business at your bank.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The US Supreme Court just proved that individuals have a right to protect themselves.

Hate to ask a dumb question, but what does this sentence refer to?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Sure am glad you're a cheerleader for permit holders on an OC board Ed!

Like Roscoe said last week, maybe we need some moderation here!
    Last edited by peter nap; 11-23-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Typo: while ding (sic - doing) business at your bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-gal View Post
    Hate to ask a dumb question, but what does this sentence refer to?
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Sure am glad you're a cheerleader for permit holders on an OC board Ed!
    That card is OLD.. a new one will be dispatched today.. no takers on a re-write?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Very Good Ed!

Hey Ed, the one on Old Keene Mill is not the Crosspointe one. The Crosspointe one is on Silverbrook Road. Other than that, I like it. Thanks for doing the card!

It shows an autoloader/Beretta92fs/M9, does that mean revolvers are allowed?
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Maybe that's why my branch doesn't say anything to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    It also does not show a properly holstered handgun...........hmmm.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Hey Ed, the one on Old Keene Mill is not the Crosspointe one. The Crosspointe one is on Silverbrook Road.
    Ok.. I missed your point.

http://burke.patch.com/articles/bb-t-crosspointe-branch-robbed-monday

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

The card went to the pres & ceo, regional pres, & robbed branch manager
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Ah, we're talking about two different BB&T branches. Both in Springfield. My apologies.

http://burke.patch.com/articles/spri...o-other-crimes
    Last edited by thebigsd; 11-23-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office investigators are currently at the scene of a reported armed bank robbery at the BB & T Bank on the 20900 block of Davenport Drive in Sterling, Virginia.

According to an LCSO press release, a black male entered the bank around 9:45 a.m. wearing a mask and using an umbrella to conceal his identity. The suspect was reportedly wore a black sweatshirt, dark-colored jeans and white tennis shoes with a red stripe. He suspect fled the bank on foot in the direction of Route 7.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Gun buster signs are an open invitation to criminals.

Perhaps they would be more effective with a string of flashing yellow lights around them.
    Would not want a BG to miss the sign, now would we.

You know, I'm all for sending a notification to the bank reminding them the importance of allowing patrons to exercise their rights, as a decal on the window certainly doesn't do anything other than disarm those law-abiding citizens who FOLLOW the rules. However, I find it in poor taste to send a postcard IMMEDIATELY after an incident (regardless if there are injuries or not) and using that as an opportunity to jump on the soapbox.

I believe a better approach would be a well documented and outlined report on the amount of robberies that have taken place at branches with those "no gun stickers" on the doors vs. those branches that allow patrons to carry. Or even just waiting a week or two and then sending a postcard worded a bit differently would be fine.

I however, (even though I do support 2A rights), read that postcard and the first thing that comes to mind is "What a p****" and I would throw it away. Point is, I don't think the message is being conveyed appropriately and there probably is a better way to handle it, or atleast state it.
    Last edited by CHILINVLN; 12-07-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Just heard it on the radio.

BB&T bank on Old Keene Mill Road in Springfield robbed.

Where's Ed? I think they need another post-card asking how that No Guns policy is working out for them.

Gawd, but it seems like BB&T gets robbed a lot. You wouldn't catch me having an account there.

In North Carolina, BB&T is the most-robbed bank in the state.

The State Employees Credit Union (NC-SECU) allows OC and is well-known to be OC-friendly. The only SECU branches in NC that have been robbed in recent memory were in Ashboro and Raleigh--both in early 2010...

Just sayin'...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHILINVLN View Post
    SNIP However, I find it in poor taste to send a postcard IMMEDIATELY after an incident (regardless if there are injuries or not) and using that as an opportunity to jump on the soapbox.
    My first reaction would be to agree with you. In fact, I think I've criticized Ed on this or a similar point in the past.

However, BB&T exec's are not terribly likely to get all smaltzy over a robbery. Part of doing business. Also, if they were all that concerned about people, they wouldn't be preventing them from defending themselves.

It was a "business" decision to disallow guns, I'm guessing. Probably "recommended" by the lawyers.

Being nice, considerate, etc., has little chance of working, I judge. Lawyers and big execs are more interested in the bottom line and the general image--the things that make the stockholders happy or unhappy.

Maybe the next postcard can include a line, "So, don't you think its about time to stop listening to the corporate attorneys Mr. CEO?"

Also, Ed has gotten feedback that people in the postal service see these cards going by. He's gotten favorable reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILINVLN View Post
    You know, I'm all for sending a notification to the bank reminding them the importance of allowing patrons to exercise their rights, as a decal on the window certainly doesn't do anything other than disarm those law-abiding citizens who FOLLOW the rules. However, I find it in poor taste to send a postcard IMMEDIATELY after an incident
    Years ago when a branch near my home got robbed.. I send them a long, professional letter, explaining all the aspects of why they should remove the sign. I sent one to the Board, the CEO, the area general manager and the branch. No reply.. I even called and asked if they got my letter, they did. So, I then send to the same set of people every time they get robbed. Is it in poor tatse? That is in individual opinion. Six months from now the postcard about that branch will mean nothing. As it happens, When I send a postcard, it takes about 3-4 days to arrive. Still close enough to the date to be relative.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

I will agree that correspondence should be tactful and polite. (I always try to include clearly articulated, unassailable logic to "pre-empt" any goofy anti-gun sound bites they may try to pawn off on me.)

Ed has stated that he has ALREADY tried tactful letters without any response.

Therefore, while I never applaud smarmy, snide comments, the point we (supporters of pro-firearms policies) have been trying to make has been completely ignored. The businesses involved know our concerns. They know we've tried to receive an answer to our questions regarding their policies, and they know we've done so in a polite and tactful manner.

It is obviously not working because nobody (that I know of) has received a response. The typical rteply of these businesses is usually complete silence. Our concerns are not being addressed, or even responded to. This leads to the (correct) assumption that: We are being ignored.

In the rare occurrences that we do receive a response, it is usually a "ruber-stamp" fluff peice that is completely transparent.

"Our company is concerned about your feelings. We have diligently examined your complaint and have devoted countless hours addressing your valid grievance. We here at (insert business) are proactive in our involvement with all your issues and are striving for an acceptable remedy to rectify your complaint. Please feel free to contact us again regarding your problems, and we will happily do all we can to mediate any concern you may have in the future. We appreciate your business and thank you for supporting (insert business)."
    Thay have done absolutely nothing. Their outlook has changed absolutely zero. What they really mean to write is: "WE COULD CARE LESS".

That's in the rare occasion that they even take the time to condescend to us.

Wouldn't it be absolutely refreshing to get a response that actually addressed our concern?!?

"After reading about your concerns, we have concluded that your point is valid and are taking steps to change our flawed policy."
    WOW! When will any of us get one of those letters in the mail?

Therefore, while I always try to "keep to the high road" and keep my correspondence tactful and polite, I have no problem with resorting to snide comments and thinly veiled sarcasm. However, I only believe it is justified AFTER attempting politeness and respectful diologue first.

Ed has clearly stated that he has ALREADY attempted polite correspondence and received the typical non-response of being completely ignored. Therefore, I see no problem with correspondence asking such smarmy, ill timed, and trite questions such as:

"Hey! How's that sign workin' out for ya'?".
    It will probably result in no better response than the politeness we've attempted before: complete disregard. But that disregard wasn't doing much for us in the first place. We might as well actively "get to the point" in a more direct, if not "polite" manner. We have received nothing to "salve our wounds" before now. We might as well get a balm to our egos of knowing we "got in a good jab". It's likely to be the only positive result that will come of the entire matter.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 12-08-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Oh, but there is another positive point -perhaps the biggest one of all.

Ed's colorful and attention grabbing postcards are seen and likely read by untold numbers of other people, both postal employees and employees at all levels within the offender's organization - that generates thought and conversation from other than the actual addressee. Bet they even talk about it with their friends outside of work too - maximizes the mileage.

Would love to be a fly following his cards on their journey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast