• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another BB&T Bank Robbed in NoVA

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Just heard it on the radio.

BB&T bank on Old Keene Mill Road in Springfield robbed.

Where's Ed? I think they need another post-card asking how that No Guns policy is working out for them.

Gawd, but it seems like BB&T gets robbed a lot. You wouldn't catch me having an account there.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I was just there a few days ago to deposit funds into the VCDL account from one of the gun shows. I was OCing and had to disarm to deposit the money. Luckily my wife was with me and she kept a watchful eye on my gun (which she knows how to use.) I contacted Philip about why were still using that bank and they gave me PNC as an option. Still don't understand why we still have an account with an anti bank. Obviously their no guns sign is not helping them.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It occurs to me the radio report did not actually mention a gun. It could have been a package claimed to be a bomb. Or, a knife. Prolly should check that out before Ed sends a card.

Edited to Add:

Here is a quote from the website of the local armed government gang:

In today’s case, the suspect entered the bank around 1 p.m., implied she had a weapon and demanded money from the teller. She left with an undisclosed amount of cash and there were no injuries.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2011/112211carjackerbankrobb.htm

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Where's Ed? I think they need another post-card asking how that No Guns policy is working out for them

Prolly should check that out before Ed sends a card.

I'm on it.. updated card will go out tomorrow to HQ and the branch that got robbed. My news did say it was a GUN.
Here is a previous car.. If someone writes a better "back" by tomorrow morning, I will use it or parts of it.

bbtbank.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm on it.. updated card will go out tomorrow to HQ and the branch that got robbed. My news did say it was a GUN.
Here is a previous car.. If someone writes a better "back" by tomorrow morning, I will use it or parts of it.

Typo: while ding (sic - doing) business at your bank.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sure am glad you're a cheerleader for permit holders on an OC board Ed!:mad:

Like Roscoe said last week, maybe we need some moderation here!

Last edited:

ed

ed

Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office investigators are currently at the scene of a reported armed bank robbery at the BB & T Bank on the 20900 block of Davenport Drive in Sterling, Virginia.

According to an LCSO press release, a black male entered the bank around 9:45 a.m. wearing a mask and using an umbrella to conceal his identity. The suspect was reportedly wore a black sweatshirt, dark-colored jeans and white tennis shoes with a red stripe. He suspect fled the bank on foot in the direction of Route 7.

bbtsterlingbranch120611.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gun buster signs are an open invitation to criminals.

Perhaps they would be more effective with a string of flashing yellow lights around them.
Would not want a BG to miss the sign, now would we.:banghead:

CHILINVLN

You know, I'm all for sending a notification to the bank reminding them the importance of allowing patrons to exercise their rights, as a decal on the window certainly doesn't do anything other than disarm those law-abiding citizens who FOLLOW the rules. However, I find it in poor taste to send a postcard IMMEDIATELY after an incident (regardless if there are injuries or not) and using that as an opportunity to jump on the soapbox.

I believe a better approach would be a well documented and outlined report on the amount of robberies that have taken place at branches with those "no gun stickers" on the doors vs. those branches that allow patrons to carry. Or even just waiting a week or two and then sending a postcard worded a bit differently would be fine.

I however, (even though I do support 2A rights), read that postcard and the first thing that comes to mind is "What a p****" and I would throw it away. Point is, I don't think the message is being conveyed appropriately and there probably is a better way to handle it, or atleast state it.

Last edited: