Thread: Chicago It's Own State?

Chicago It's Own State?

On CNN this morning... Lawmakers want to make Chicago It's Own State because they're costing the rest of Illinois so much money. Would this help in getting a CCL passed? Your feedback Please.
    Last edited by gs5150; 11-23-2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: add text

Without the windy city , the rest of Illinois would have a LTC today.

As far as this split happening , I won't hold my breath. It is just great posturing for these two politicians .

Activist Member
    They could have had CC now if they would have convinced enough of those who weren't voting for either major party to vote Republican:

Quote Originally Posted by gs5150 View Post
    On CNN this morning... Lawmakers want to make Chicago It's Own State because they're costing the rest of Illinois so much money. Would this help in getting a CCL passed? Your feedback Please.
    Never Happen.

Requires congressional approval and guarantees an additional two Senators that will certainly be Chicago style liberals.

Link to Story....

The state of Chicago rolls off the tongue so good......

Here is a link to the story from CBS2.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/11/...t-of-illinois/

Quote Originally Posted by gs5150 View Post
    I've been hoping for Urban Secession... It would cure almost every ill of American Society. That, and abolish the evil-as-all-hell building code...

Let them become islands of helplessness no longer able to leach off of the rest of us. DO EET!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Smile Chi...

If they become their own state... can we then kick them out of the Union for being stupid...?

Last edited by KOliverian; 05-17-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Chicago being able to elect 2 Senators without any brakes being put on by the rest of IL? That is scary.

As for the 2A problem IL has? Yes, that would probably be solved, but the unintended consiquences could be really bad.

Yea I live in NM but born and raised northside chicago and lived there 43 years. And as far as I know the Daleys ran Chicago like it was its own state. Think how many times Daley told the state to gtfo. Myself i'd like to see chicago run without state funds.it might start to correct the years of corruption generated by the city.Right now that city is in the dumper financially without the state. Lets see how many cronies are left to be on the city dole when the state of chicago has to support itself.Lets see if chicago pays to fix all the nasty roads in cook county. I do know this much I'm way happier not being there.Also this isnt a new concept.In chicagos history this thoughts been passed over a couple of other times.
    Last edited by awnuts; 12-28-2011 at 05:18 AM.