• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago It's Own State?

gs5150

On CNN this morning... Lawmakers want to make Chicago It's Own State because they're costing the rest of Illinois so much money. Would this help in getting a CCL passed? Your feedback Please.

Last edited:

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
They could have had CC now if they would have convinced enough of those who weren't voting for either major party to vote Republican:

3SU2.jpg

lockman

State Researcher
On CNN this morning... Lawmakers want to make Chicago It's Own State because they're costing the rest of Illinois so much money. Would this help in getting a CCL passed? Your feedback Please.

Never Happen.

Requires congressional approval and guarantees an additional two Senators that will certainly be Chicago style liberals.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

I've been hoping for Urban Secession... It would cure almost every ill of American Society. That, and abolish the evil-as-all-hell building code...

Let them become islands of helplessness no longer able to leach off of the rest of us. DO EET!

hermannr

Chicago being able to elect 2 Senators without any brakes being put on by the rest of IL? That is scary.

As for the 2A problem IL has? Yes, that would probably be solved, but the unintended consiquences could be really bad.

awnuts

Yea I live in NM but born and raised northside chicago and lived there 43 years. And as far as I know the Daleys ran Chicago like it was its own state. Think how many times Daley told the state to gtfo. Myself i'd like to see chicago run without state funds.it might start to correct the years of corruption generated by the city.Right now that city is in the dumper financially without the state. Lets see how many cronies are left to be on the city dole when the state of chicago has to support itself.Lets see if chicago pays to fix all the nasty roads in cook county. I do know this much I'm way happier not being there.Also this isnt a new concept.In chicagos history this thoughts been passed over a couple of other times.

Last edited: