Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: NEW to forum

  1. #1
    Regular Member thieltech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Beaver Dam
    Posts
    92

    NEW to forum

    so im new here . but not to guns . recently purchased a S&W M/P 9mm , and will be open carrying in BEAVER DAM and madison . i been reading up here on the law and rights and genral carry information . I also applied for CCW permit and it should be here shortly . lots of great info here ! Aaron
    Last edited by thieltech; 11-23-2011 at 10:06 AM.

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Welcome. If you are able, come to Perkins in Delafield on Friday.

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-Black-Friday

    Also, it is a license, not a permit.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  3. #3
    Regular Member thieltech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Beaver Dam
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Welcome. If you are able, come to Perkins in Delafield on Friday.

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-Black-Friday

    Also, it is a license, not a permit.

    Okay will try !

    and lol , u got me ! just shows how new i am to all this ! But to that , carrying a gun is definitly a responsability to me and one i take pretty seriously .

    Hopefully i dont get bothered by local law enforcement to much. Trying to find other people in or near beaver dam that carry as well .
    Last edited by thieltech; 11-23-2011 at 10:27 AM.

  4. #4
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Welcome. If you are able, come to Perkins in Delafield on Friday.

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-Black-Friday

    Also, it is a license, not a permit.
    we dont need no steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenkin licenses!

    welcome to the boom town, pick a handgun, we got plenty to go around:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrRl9-QvREI&feature=fvst

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by thieltech View Post
    Okay will try !

    and lol , u got me ! just shows how new i am to all this ! But to that , carrying a gun is definitly a responsability to me and one i take pretty seriously .

    Hopefully i dont get bothered by local law enforcement to much. Trying to find other people in or near beaver dam that carry as well .
    Don't worry about getting corrected. When I first started shooting, I called magazines, clips. I was corrected quickly and started using the term correctly. There is a lot of information here and many active members. We don't know the law perfectly, but we continually strive to know it better, because unfortunately, most police don't know the law when it comes to carrying.

    There are a few in Madison that I know. I do not recall any in Beaver Dam (maybe one, but his name escapes me).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  6. #6
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Welcome. If you are able, come to Perkins in Delafield on Friday.

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-Black-Friday

    Also, it is a license, not a permit.
    Its a stinking permission slip.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Its a stinking permission slip.
    That is also true.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  8. #8
    Regular Member XDFDE45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    823
    Welcome aboard Aaron
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

    Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member AaronS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Its a stinking permission slip.
    I look at it as "$50 of freedom". $50 to be able to exercise a right. A right that I thought had been paid for long ago...
    I have to wonder what price my other rights should cost...?
    How about a $5 fee for each post on the internet?
    A $5 charge for the right to vote?
    I would like to think I can poop without a fee, but in Milwaukee, we have a sewer charge as well...


    I guess it is true, freedom is not free... Sad...

  10. #10
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by thieltech View Post
    Okay will try !

    and lol , u got me ! just shows how new i am to all this ! But to that , carrying a gun is definitly a responsability to me and one i take pretty seriously .

    Hopefully i dont get bothered by local law enforcement to much. Trying to find other people in or near beaver dam that carry as well .
    Welcome to the forum!

    You are right, carrying a gun is definitely a responsibility, and one that we all should take seriously.

    If you utilize your conceal carry permit and properly conceal the gun, you shouldn't catch any flack from law enforcement officers.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  11. #11
    Regular Member Russia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    20

    Glad to meet you

    Welcome always glad to see a new face. ps im new myself.

  12. #12
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Russia View Post
    Welcome always glad to see a new face. ps im new myself.
    We're glad to welcome you to the forum, too.

    That's one radical looking "ride" you have there!
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  13. #13
    Regular Member Russia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    We're glad to welcome you to the forum, too.

    That's one radical looking "ride" you have there!
    Thanks 04 zx6r and its so nice today i might go for a ride.

  14. #14
    Regular Member thieltech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Beaver Dam
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Russia View Post
    Thanks 04 zx6r and its so nice today i might go for a ride.
    was just out on my HONDA 1000 RR . . little chilly lol



    .... thanks for all the warm welcomes EVERYONE ! ...

    .
    ON another note how do i go about opening carrying my pistol when i get in my vehical ? do i have to put it in the case and in the trunk every time i get in and out of my car ?

    I dont have my ccw license yet , and i wanna make sure im being legal till it gets here in the mail .

    once i get my license i can just carry it on my hip while i drive correct ?
    Last edited by thieltech; 11-23-2011 at 04:43 PM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member davegran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by thieltech View Post
    was just out on my HONDA 1000 RR . . little chilly lol



    .... thanks for all the warm welcomes EVERYONE ! ...

    .
    ON another note how do i go about opening carrying my pistol when i get in my vehical ? do i have to put it in the case and in the trunk every time i get in and out of my car ?

    I dont have my ccw license yet , and i wanna make sure im being legal till it gets here in the mail .

    once i get my license i can just carry it on my hip while i drive correct ?
    Welcome to the forum! The so-called "Dance" to satisfy open carry requirements when getting into and out of a car is this:
    How to load\unload in parking lot: Exit vehicle, Activate Recorder, remove encased firearm from vehicle, remove firearm from case and load, place firearm in holster, replace case into vehicle(without firearm entering vehicle). Upon returning to vehicle- Remove empty case from vehicle(without firearm entering vehicle), unload firearm, place unloaded firearm in case with mags etc, place encased unloaded firearm in vehicle.
    This question and many more are answered in the sticky at the top of the 1st page of the forum entitled,

    "New to Open Carrying (OC) In WI, Here's what you should know " by Motofixxer
    Last edited by davegran; 11-23-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

    WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

    Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    974
    Welcome aboard, and keep on studying and learning, knowledge is power!!!
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

  17. #17
    Regular Member GlockRDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    north of the Peoples Republic of Madison
    Posts
    626
    Greetings! I get to BD often. Im in Pardeeville...

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Welcome to the forum! The so-called "Dance" to satisfy open carry requirements when getting into and out of a car is this:This question and many more are answered in the sticky at the top of the 1st page of the forum entitled,

    "New to Open Carrying (OC) In WI, Here's what you should know " by Motofixxer
    Dave, not sure why you are posting that as Act 35 removed the restriction from having a loaded handgun in a vehicle.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  19. #19
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    974
    Not according to some departments
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

  20. #20
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971
    It's a stinking permission slip.
    So you're saying their scratch-n-sniff technology needs improvement?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  21. #21
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    So you're saying their scratch-n-sniff technology needs improvement?
    I suppose poop is a fragrance, but I'd rather not.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Sorcice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by thieltech View Post
    so im new here . but not to guns . recently purchased a S&W M/P 9mm , and will be open carrying in BEAVER DAM and madison . i been reading up here on the law and rights and genral carry information . I also applied for CCW permit and it should be here shortly . lots of great info here ! Aaron
    Welcome! I'm pretty new here as well(few weeks) and so far have learned a lot. There is a meet up for breakfast in Madison that's much closer next weekend. Here's the link: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Sat-3-Dec-2011

  23. #23
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Also, it is a license, not a permit.
    Nothing personal Protias, but ....

    License = Permit = Permission Slip - And what is the difference?

    I hold a resident Concealed Firearm "Permit" from Utah, a non-resident Concealed Weapon or Firearm "License" form Florida, a non-resident Concealed Weapons "Permit" from Arizona, a non-resident "License" to Carry Firearms from Pennsylvania, a non-resident Concealed Firearms "Permit" from Nevada, and a card from the State of Utah that is neither a permit nor a license, but identifies me as a Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor. As a matter of functionality, the whole permit vs license debate is pointless.

    My PA "license" means that I am an "out-of-state Licensee" within the meaning of SB-93 as amended, but so does my UT and AZ "permit". My FL "license" and NV "permit" are not so lucky. Neither the "license" from Florida nor the "permit" from Nevada qualify me as an "out-of-state licensee under WI law.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Nothing personal Protias, but ....

    License = Permit = Permission Slip - And what is the difference?

    I hold a resident Concealed Firearm "Permit" from Utah, a non-resident Concealed Weapon or Firearm "License" form Florida, a non-resident Concealed Weapons "Permit" from Arizona, a non-resident "License" to Carry Firearms from Pennsylvania, a non-resident Concealed Firearms "Permit" from Nevada, and a card from the State of Utah that is neither a permit nor a license, but identifies me as a Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor. As a matter of functionality, the whole permit vs license debate is pointless.

    My PA "license" means that I am an "out-of-state Licensee" within the meaning of SB-93 as amended, but so does my UT and AZ "permit". My FL "license" and NV "permit" are not so lucky. Neither the "license" from Florida nor the "permit" from Nevada qualify me as an "out-of-state licensee under WI law.
    The card we get says Conceal Carry License. That would be like saying clip instead of magazine.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  25. #25
    Regular Member hardballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast of Wisconsin
    Posts
    925
    Welcome Aaron. Nomenclature can be formidable when you're new but it soon will be old hat. The best part about this forum is that it can be a great learning experience so enjoy...

    Oh... and carry on!
    Last edited by hardballer; 11-26-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

    http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •