• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEW to forum

Sorcice

so im new here . but not to guns . recently purchased a S&W M/P 9mm , and will be open carrying in BEAVER DAM and madison . i been reading up here on the law and rights and genral carry information . I also applied for CCW permit and it should be here shortly:) . lots of great info here ! Aaron

Welcome! I'm pretty new here as well(few weeks) and so far have learned a lot. There is a meet up for breakfast in Madison that's much closer next weekend. Here's the link: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...eet-at-Ellies-Monona-Madison...Sat-3-Dec-2011

jpm84092

Also, it is a license, not a permit. ;)

Nothing personal Protias, but ....

License = Permit = Permission Slip - And what is the difference?

I hold a resident Concealed Firearm "Permit" from Utah, a non-resident Concealed Weapon or Firearm "License" form Florida, a non-resident Concealed Weapons "Permit" from Arizona, a non-resident "License" to Carry Firearms from Pennsylvania, a non-resident Concealed Firearms "Permit" from Nevada, and a card from the State of Utah that is neither a permit nor a license, but identifies me as a Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor. As a matter of functionality, the whole permit vs license debate is pointless.

My PA "license" means that I am an "out-of-state Licensee" within the meaning of SB-93 as amended, but so does my UT and AZ "permit". My FL "license" and NV "permit" are not so lucky. Neither the "license" from Florida nor the "permit" from Nevada qualify me as an "out-of-state licensee under WI law.

protias

Nothing personal Protias, but ....

License = Permit = Permission Slip - And what is the difference?

I hold a resident Concealed Firearm "Permit" from Utah, a non-resident Concealed Weapon or Firearm "License" form Florida, a non-resident Concealed Weapons "Permit" from Arizona, a non-resident "License" to Carry Firearms from Pennsylvania, a non-resident Concealed Firearms "Permit" from Nevada, and a card from the State of Utah that is neither a permit nor a license, but identifies me as a Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor. As a matter of functionality, the whole permit vs license debate is pointless.

My PA "license" means that I am an "out-of-state Licensee" within the meaning of SB-93 as amended, but so does my UT and AZ "permit". My FL "license" and NV "permit" are not so lucky. Neither the "license" from Florida nor the "permit" from Nevada qualify me as an "out-of-state licensee under WI law.

The card we get says Conceal Carry License. That would be like saying clip instead of magazine.

hardballer

Welcome Aaron. Nomenclature can be formidable when you're new but it soon will be old hat. The best part about this forum is that it can be a great learning experience so enjoy...

Oh... and carry on!

Last edited:

thieltech

Welcome Aaron. Nomenclature can be formidable when you're new but it soon will be old hat. The best part about this forum is that it can be a great learning experience so enjoy...

Oh... and carry on!

thanks !!

ive spent about 30 hrs reading and watching videos on the thread for new to open carry and old threads on opencarry . and wow i cant believe the stuff ive learned and the laws i never new about . so many rights that are getting lost with pure age and us not excersizing them .

OPENCARRY.ORG IS A GREAT FORUM