• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bogus Creek Outfitters

carracer

My wife and I are going on the 5 oclock dinner sleigh ride next month. Has anyone here ever gone on that and did you carry if so?

carracer

Well...! Was 6 oclock, not 5, so we got there really early!

We dressed Christmas attire for the occassion. Red shirt and Christmas tie, Flannel lined blue jeans and boots for the cold along with my Columbia coat. So much for open carry. The sleigh ride was fun and could have been really cold if not for the appropriate attire.

Once at the cabin we sat at the assigned tables reserved with our names. Removed our heavy cold weather gear and sat for the meal and entertainment. The mass panic and screaming was missing from the event. I was seated strong side to the party and servers so my best dressed 1911 couldn't have been missed. Steak and shrimp, Garlic mashed taters, soup in bread bowls, desert. Singing cowboy and poetry. Was a really great meal and lots of fun! At the end I made my way to the front and placed my tip into the gratuity "Spitoon". I'm sure everyone had to see I was carrying. No "looks" or comments. Just lots of fun!

This was a fun time and carry friendly and I recommend for everyone! They are going to have a summer hay ride event that my beautiful wife and I will be going on for our Anniversary this summer. I'm thinking I may throw on my Cowboy Fast Draw gear and oc my Ruger Vaquero .45lc while riding my steel horse up the twisty road!

ISRAEL

O.C. at Christmas party.

Well...! Was 6 oclock, not 5, so we got there really early!

We dressed Christmas attire for the occassion. Red shirt and Christmas tie, Flannel lined blue jeans and boots for the cold along with my Columbia coat. So much for open carry. The sleigh ride was fun and could have been really cold if not for the appropriate attire.

Once at the cabin we sat at the assigned tables reserved with our names. Removed our heavy cold weather gear and sat for the meal and entertainment. The mass panic and screaming was missing from the event. I was seated strong side to the party and servers so my best dressed 1911 couldn't have been missed. Steak and shrimp, Garlic mashed taters, soup in bread bowls, desert. Singing cowboy and poetry. Was a really great meal and lots of fun! At the end I made my way to the front and placed my tip into the gratuity "Spitoon". I'm sure everyone had to see I was carrying. No "looks" or comments. Just lots of fun!

This was a fun time and carry friendly and I recommend for everyone! They are going to have a summer hay ride event that my beautiful wife and I will be going on for our Anniversary this summer. I'm thinking I may throw on my Cowboy Fast Draw gear and oc my Ruger Vaquero .45lc while riding my steel horse up the twisty road!

I O.C. at Yolanda's Christmas party last night, lots of emplyees from her work, we went to "5 de Mayo" Mexican restuarant and lo and behold,I was de only O.Cier, and everybody started asking questions about my gun,it was a nice "fiesta". "FELÍZ NAVIDAD"