Thread: politifact shows its true liberal colors

politifact shows its true liberal colors

My email to politifact:

In your recent article:
    http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...-allowed-carr/

You state your conclusion:
    "We found his comments, at the very least, strongly suggest that people faking the training could still get permits. Others back up Van Hollenís assertion that he would be in a weak position, and itís clear Wisconsinís rules would be among the most lenient among states requiring permits.

The law is still on the books requiring an instructor-led training course, but itís hard to prove that someone skipped it. So the door is open to "untrained" individuals getting a permit."

Even with the previous rules in place, people could just as easily "fake" the information that was required. The changes to the rules do not make it any more or less difficult to fake. The DOJ takes your word for it that the information you provide them on a certificate is factual and true. They do ZERO checking of that information to ensure it is valid and not fraudulent. Just because the certificate now requires less actual "information" on it, doesn't mean it is somehow easier to fake.

So to rate this claim True is just blatently incorrect and inaccurate.
    If you want to contact them about this biased piece of junk reporting, go here:
    http://www.politifact.com/contact/

I just sent the following email:

"I ask why this hysteria on the part of Representative Seidel merits your energy or attention. In the state of Vermont, anyone aged 16 or older may carry a handgun in any fashion they choose, including carrying a concealed handgun. No training, permit, or license is required.

"What about the children?", you ask? According to the uniform crime report statistics maintained by the US Department of Justice, the average homicide rate in the state of Vermont from 1996 through 2009 was 2.07 per 100,000. For the same period of time the average homicide rate in the state of Wisconsin which had a total prohibition on concealed carry of a handgun during that same time period was 3.28 per 100,000, or 1.58 times the homicide rate for Vermont. It is interesting to note that the HIGHEST homicide rate recorded in Vermont for the 1996-2009 period was 2.7 homicides per 100,000 while the LOWEST homicide rate recorded for Wisconsin during that same 14 year period was 2.6 homicides per 100,000.

In 1987 only 11 states had any provision for their citizens to carry concealed handguns. In 2011 there are now 49 states that have a provision to allow concealed carry of handguns. "What about the children?", you ask? What impact has this had on the homicide rate with all these "guns on the street"? The US Department of Justice states the following: "In the last decade (since 2000) the homicide rate declined to levels last seen in the mid-1960s." I hope you will verify this quote. You will find it here: http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=2221

Thank you for taking the time to read my comments. If you are truly interested in the facts, you need to start setting aside your bias and start doing more complete research.

IF they respond to my email, I will share it with the group.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

WA requires no training for their CPL. VT, AK, AR, and WY do not even require CPL to OC or CC.

ID has unlicensed OC, as does WI and several other states. What is the big deal with training? Law Enforcement has many hours of training required, and Law Enforcement has many times the accidents/felony discharges verse completely "no training required", civilian carriers do.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    WA requires no training for their CPL. VT, AK, AR, and WY do not even require CPL to OC or CC.
    Since Arkansas ß 5-73-301 does require a permit/license did you mean to type "AZ" and not "AR"??
    Last edited by scm54449; 11-23-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    From the Free Dictionary:
    re∑search (r-sŻrch, rsŻrch)
    n.
    1. Scholarly or scientific investigation or inquiry. See Synonyms at inquiry.
    2. Close, careful study.

v. re∑searched, re∑search∑ing, re∑search∑es
    v.intr. To engage in or perform research.

v.tr.1. To study (something) thoroughly so as to present in a detailed, accurate manner: researching the effects of acid rain.
    2. To do research for: research a magazine article.

Another meter is consulted...
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Regular Member NewZealandAmerican's Avatar
    Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb of Provo in UTAH
    Watching thread.
    (Dion Wood). MY FREEDOM PAGE[/COLOR] with valuable links to ALTERNATIVE MEDIA, Internet Radio shows and other sites to restore our FREEDOM & LIBERTYhttp://www.QRZ.com/db/KB9QFH TELEPHONE: +1(800)808-KIWI that's +1(800)808-5494 Tollfree. "NewZealander By Birth, American By The Grace Of God." See also http://www.facebook.com/NewZealandAmerican & http://RTR.org/NewZealandAmerican ďIN MEMORY OF OUR GOD, OUR RELIGION, AND FREEDOM, AND OUR PEACE, OUR WIVES, AND OUR CHILDREN" (The Title Of LIBERTY)

"So what was the bottom line? Did Van Hollen say untrained individuals could slip through?

He told the committee: "In essence, we will accept every application at face value without determining whether substantive and meaningful training has occurred."

And this is as it should be.

When I was issued my driver's license, I didn't have to submit any certificate of training to the licensing bureau.

I've been driving since 1962 and have never had a vehicular accident...but I did stay a Holiday Inn once.
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 11-24-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: edited for clarity.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

The author of this little piece of political drivel seems to be having trouble comprehending how laws are made in the first place.

Attorney General B.J. Van Halen ADDED those rules AFTER the law had been created. Something he, as a solitary player, does NOT have the authority to do. Period.

If 'BJ's rules' had been deemed necessary, they should have and would have been introduced during the phase of lawmaking when the bill is being passed back and forth between the house and senate with amendments and revisions being made as seen fit, and applied or rejected by majority vote. Then its off to the Governor's desk, where, once signed, it becomes law. One lowly attorney general does not, under ANY circumstance, have the authority to autonomously edit, augment or revise any law.

The author writes in a tone suggesting that we all blame those nasty republicans for removing the only safeguards this law had against trigger happy whack-o's shooting up daycare centers.

The REAL politifact is that those alleged 'safeguards' had no business being in the law in the first place. They were illegally tacked on as an afterthought by one who grew a little too big for his britches. The removal of 'BJ's rules' was nothing more than getting the law back on track with what it was intended to be at the time of its inception.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

ta hell with them asscracks...

... for the tiny minded ones know not of what they speak. Besides, it's the spirit of the law that makes it, or breaks it. Olll Van whats his ass meant well, as do we. We stand with the best of them in Wisconsin. We are honest, Vetted carriers by the standards of the state. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.