• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

amlevin

Tomorrow most of us will take some time and spend it with their families and give thanks for what they have in life.

At any given time, not all of us are on the same side of any discussion but I give thanks for the freedom we all have to either agree, disagree, or even be neutral on any topic.

Some of us have served to protect that freedom, some are still serving, and some have yet to serve.

I have a Grandson who will be unable to attend the family Thanksgiving Dinner as he has started his journey to becoming a US Army Soldier and Combat Medic. He will be celebrating with his fellow Basic Training Platoon Members at Ft. Jackson, SC.

Join me in wishing all like him and those serving wherever our troops are stationed a Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving All
2.gif

Last edited:

MadHatter66

I have a Grandson who will be unable to attend the family Thanksgiving Dinner as he has started his journey to becoming a US Army Soldier and Combat Medic. He will be celebrating with his fellow Basic Training Platoon Members at Ft. Jackson, SC.

Happy Thanksgiving All
2.gif

Spent both Thanksgiving and Christmas in boot in 2002. Was actually kind of nice to get a day off from the normal daily life at boot camp. Wish him well there.

I would agree, that we may not all agree on every point all the time, but at least we have the freedom to disagree.

Happy Thanksgiving to all here, and all military personnel over seas.

MilProGuy

Tomorrow most of us will take some time and spend it with their families and give thanks for what they have in life.

At any given time, not all of us are on the same side of any discussion but I give thanks for the freedom we all have to either agree, disagree, or even be neutral on any topic.

Some of us have served to protect that freedom, some are still serving, and some have yet to serve.

Join me in wishing all like him and those serving wherever our troops are stationed a Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving All
2.gif

Thank you for posting your thoughtful and beautiful Thanksgiving message.

On a forum such as this there are as many different opinions on a given subject as there are letters in the alphabet; but we should be able to share those opinions and still be friends in a common cause.

I went into the Army ten days before Christmas many years ago, so my heart goes out to your fine Grandson who has set aside his personal life and has answered the call to serve our nation in the U.S. Army. He has chosen an honorable path, and I know you and your family are proud of him as he begins the march to becoming a soldier.

I will pray for him and for all our service men and women who are making personal sacrifices this year as they serve throughout our nation and in the four corners of the earth.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, friend.

Ruby

I am thankful that I live in the United States of America. I am thankful for our freedoms that other people can only dream of. I pray that we never forget that there was a price paid for those freedoms; I pray we stay vigilant and never lose our liberties. I am thankful for all service men and women who are now serving and will not be able to be with their families. Our system has it's flaws and problems, but there is no where else I would rather live. We all have something to be thankful for each and every day.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
And I'm thankful we are in WA, compared to places like CA, NY, IL, and NJ to name a few. Let's just make sure we don't let stuff like that encroach on us here. To that end we need to support these states in their fights. Also I'm cooking a 22lb. turkey so if anybody needs a place to eat let me know! OC'ing at my house is approved, I even have Hornady Zombie Max 9mm loaner ammo.

The Patriot

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for the freedoms the gov't has not taken away. I am thankful for all of our service personnel who love our country enough to step into the uniform. I am thankful to the Lord for being an American. Have a great one everybody.

acmariner99

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Friends, Family, and Freedom!!

(And a new job that will take me to Seattle indefinitely come January)

amzbrady

I am thankfull I dont live in Illinois anymore, and didnt choose California as a home. I am thankfull for everyone who has served and given me the rights and freedoms I have, that liberals, and those from other third world countries that have moved here are trying so hard to take away. Most of all I am thankful to live in a state that realizes citizens have a right to their own protection, and have laws in place that do not prevent us from our American duties as the constitution was written and we are able to carry our firearms proudly and openly.

Jeff Hayes

Tell him thank you for me, I appriciate his service. Thanks to all of our warriors where ever they are.

MadHatter66

[SUP]... so now I'm sitting here in the dark with no power... anyone know how much gunpowder it takes to properly cook a 29lb turkey?[/SUP]

About 29lbs should do. I find a 1:1 ratio is preferable... Then again I tend to live by "go big or go home." mantra...

I was leaving Poulsbo area this morning in a 30mph wind and my driveway was beginning to flood again. My power was flickering all morning too... Hopefully it's better in the Arlington area where I am headed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Any misspellings or words that appear to not make sense could be the result of auto-correct wreaking havoc on what I have typed. I hope that, in context, what I have said makes sense an if not, I hope that it is at least funny and good for a laugh.