• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's about time we get another group photo in front of the sign.

Sabotage70

"Run What Ya Brung" edition. :)

With the great success of the last one. The new faces that have been coming around. I figured it's about we have a new one. :monkey

This time we're going to have a little twist. If you're familiar with racing you'll know what I mean by "run what ya brung." Now that I have joined the AR club, I would love to get a pic in front of the sign with it.

So it doesn't matter what you have bring it. If you have a stock 22 rifle and want your picture with it, bring it. Your favorite target or hunting rifle bring it. And what I'm really hoping for, is for someone to bring out a Barrett 50 cal.

And to keep it all legal, make sure you do not have a round chambered. All of course while wearing your sidearm.

I want to meet at the sign at 10:00am on Sat. Dec 17th. That way it will be early enough a not to freak to many people out. Doesn't matter any way I'm sure Metro will be there. They where last time.

IMG_0591.jpg

ETA: Disclaimer. I'm not trying to push the open carry of long guns. I just want a pic in front of the sign armed to the teeth. ;)

Last edited:

flagellum

I love this idea just for the real world "troll-ability" from the Cali-folk. Unfortunately I'm booked that whole weekend. D:

Also sad I don't have my PSL anymore.

Last edited:

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
"THE" sign is over Virginia St, and says "Biggest Little City in the World."

If we get a big enough group together, I think that Reno PD will let us close the street for a couple of minutes to shoot pics all the way across under the sign.

varminter22

"THE" sign is over Virginia St, and says "Biggest Little City in the World."

If we get a big enough group together, I think that Reno PD will let us close the street for a couple of minutes to shoot pics all the way across under the sign.
I LIKE that idea!

ed2276

DVC actually lives up north. He was throwing out the idea of the northern guys taking a photo in Reno.

But we are meeting up this sat. at the "Welcome to FABULOUS Las Vegas" sign at 10am.

Ah, ok...thanks for setting me straight. I'll be there at 10am.

Sabotage70

After talking with another member, I'm not sure what I want to bring. At the very least I will have my AR and a sidearm. But I was also thinking of bringing my shotgun in a scabbard and my another sidearm in a shoulder holster. But that might be to much.

He's also thinking of wearing a tact vest loaded up. Then face cover was brought up but, I wouldn't do that till it's picture time.

I was thinking of making a sign. Something along the lines of "Occupy the Las Vegas Sign" or "Occupy This"

And one last thing. Muzzle up or down, DO NOT LEVEL YOUR FIREARM.

If anyone has any other idea, suggestion, question or comment, let it rip.

Sabotage70

It's a great day out to take some pictures. I'm leaving my house now so I should be there in about a 1/2 hour. Hope to have a lot of people show up. I know this thread has had a lot of views. :monkey:monkey

MilitaryMike

Weak showing... But we gave the Californians a run for their money.

I would have let the cops in the picture with us if they would have showed....

JoeSparky

Centurion
Wow, glad I didn't make a little drive out to participate in this photo op. I thought about it, but somehow I thought it was going to take place in RENO.....
Just how could I misread the sign?

Las Vegan

I talked with Sabotage Saturday morning after the event and reminded him that these days I only have Sunday mornings free. Maybe next time we can do a breakfast or lunch somewhere on a Sunday if that works for anyone else. Sorry I missed this one guys.