• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

can anyone break down restrictions on CCW weapons for me? (firearms only)

touchdowntodd

ive read the FAQ, read links on here, and read the whole package i printed from the DOJ site ... and anything else i can find .. im just curious

can someone break down what can/cant be carried?

obviously rifles/shotguns cannot be carried

i dont see any restrictions on caliber

i dont see any restrictions on pistol type (other than no NFA/full auto stuff)

i dont see any restrictions on magazine capacity

in theory if you created one it seems like you could carry a 30 round .50 cal semi auto, semi auto uzi copy, or just about anything that while it might be rediculous and make you look like an ass, would still be legal .. it seems to me that there would be limits on this stuff to stop clowns from walking around with rediculous weapons .. although i DO agree its their right to carry a freakin post ban semi auto tech9 if they wanted to tuck that huge thing into their pants ..

just randomly thinking .. i expect to see some crazy stuff in milwaukee! one guy at work (i dont work in the best area) was already discussing trying to carry a WASR type AK pistol ... i didnt think it would pass but i could be wrong .. hes a moron and we had the conversation of useable vs in the way .. but i dont make the rules

thanks guys/gals ...

Jason in WI

Yep, any pistol is good. I forget the definition of pistol off my head for WI, but basically if it's a pistol to the ATF its a pistol here.

NFA stuff dosen't count as a pistol and I don't think shorty shotguns with pistol grips will fly either.

Pistol AK's and AR's are perfectly fine! So are those Thompson Center(?) Pistols that have the long barrels.

No restrictions on ammo or capacity.

Places can restrict the type of firearm so if you show up at Wallmart with your Draco pistol they can ask you to leave, even if they allow carry of other firearms.

I'm pretty sure im going to build an AR pistol for car carry since we can't have a loaded long gun, but if I holster figured out, I will likely carry it sometimes just because I can.

Yea, im "that" guy; don't hate.....lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
We are not a total "Nanny State" quite yet........................

So there are no restriction on magazine capacities, colors, styles etc etc etc like CA has created.

The plain and simple of it all; yes he can carry any handgun that he wants to carry! And I agree with that.

I do not see how he will be able to comfortably carry a WASR or AR pistol, heck, I found my Desert Eagle (with a holographic sight) to difficult to keep in a bandoleer holster strapped across my chest for deer hunting, I wish him luck carrying something larger and heavier than that.

Side note; Many handgun manufacturers cannot sell certain products in CA due to the color of the gun. Each gun that is allowed in CA has to go through a series of tests, and even if the model and caliber is exactly the same, but the color is different, each color of a model of gun must also pass these tests Springfield Armory found this with their XDm, they sent a black on black test pistol and it got approved for sale. But they cannot legally market any other color combinations of the same gun unless each color also goes through the expensive testing process too. (This SNAFU may have been rectified, but I doubt it)