• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanksgiving!!!

Johnburns15

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to say, Happy Thanksgiving to all my Oc buds. Hope everyone has a great day, stay safe.

On another topic, is there anyone around the Lexington area that open carries? I've never run into anyone around her carrying, just figured I'd ask.

MilProGuy

Johnburns15:

Thanks for the Thanksgiving greeting.

My family had our big get-together at noon, and now, at 4:15 p.m., I'm settling into my recliner with a cup of coffee and another piece of pecan pie.

Have a blessed day!

autoxr84

A day late and a dollar short...

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all!!!

But I live in Nicholasville and am in Lexington alot. I open carry in Lexington so maybe we can meet up sometime and chat!

Johnburns15

That'd be great lol. But like I said I've never seen anyone carry here. I've talked to a few that said they do but decided not to that day.

mem1977

If you went Black Friday shopping I hope everyone was strapped. (LOL) People get frickin' crazy at these sales. I just seen news footage where some people got robbed of their purchases at a Walmart in Myrtle Beach. One shopper was shot in the leg. So be safe holiday shopping and strap on the guns. (LOL)

:banana::monkey

neuroblades

Happy Belated Thanksgiving.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to one & all! :) I have to agree with Mem above, the Black Friday shoppers, at least some of them were psychopathic to say the least. Shoppers pepper spraying each other, shooting each other, fights, riots, muggins and more and mostly at Wal-Mart's. While some look at these stories over the coming days and are quick to dismiss most or some of them, it's a frightening thing that I see looming out there. While these are remote situations for now, it speaks loudly of the fact that times are getting really hard and they will no doubt be getting hard in the coming years, if not sooner! As they say, these are the sign of the times and the times are getting very tight and likewise, so such those of us that exercise our Rights to OC & CC! Some people carry for show, others carry for the feeling, some carry for self-defense and so on and so forth; we ALL need to take some time out of our weekends or whenever we have individual time and take our trusty EDC sidearms out to the range for some deadly serious one on one time.

This isn't a call to arms, it's a call to commonsense and reality! We're literally living in dangerous times and the times are getting even more danagerous with each passing days. BE ARMED, BE PREPARED! GOD Bless & Good evening!

flb_78

I was #5 in line at Target OCing my Taurus 24/7OSS. It was very civil when they opened the doors, no pushing, no shoving, not even any running. E-Town Target has almost figured out how to do a Black Friday.

neuroblades

I was #5 in line at Target OCing my Taurus 24/7OSS. It was very civil when they opened the doors, no pushing, no shoving, not even any running. E-Town Target has almost figured out how to do a Black Friday.

It's good to hear of some civility on Black Friday. :)