• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is how stupid legislation is enacted in WA STATE! Please Read.......

XD45PlusP

"He also said he would ask state lawmakers to enact legislation barring individuals from carrying large quantities of pepper spray, like the can Fodor used to spray the group."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016840461_phoenixjones24m.html

This clown needs to be bombarded with emails, and phone calls.... With crime the way it is in Seattle, and the the problems with COPS in the city, this guy needs to get his priorities straight!

http://www.seattle.gov/law/

Please do your part......

XD

OrangeIsTrouble

There's a RCW on spray devices. It's almost like our preemption for firearms except, that it doesn't say anything about limiting, only possessing.

RCW 9.91.160

Personal protection spray devices.

(2) No town, city, county, special purpose district, quasi-municipal corporation or other unit of government may prohibit a person eighteen years old or older,.....from purchasing or possessing a personal protection spray device or from using such a device in a manner consistent with the authorized use of force under RCW 9A.16.020.

Either way holmes is not too intelligent and deserves a few kind words of mine. I got my girl a crap load of pepper spray, different sizes for different locations for different uses!

TechnoWeenie

Because only cops should be able to carry pepper spray.

pepper_spraying_03.jpg

amzbrady

Makes me wonder... What violation did these protesters commit, what law did they break, and what went through the mind of every other officer who swore to uphold the law, that stood by and watched this happen?

amlevin

Only thing I see in the "law" that could be an issue is the size of the canister. Leave it to some of the mental midgets in Law Enforcement to see a "fire extinguisher sized" container of OC spray being just a little more than one might need for "personal use".

Just like they do with those who are found to have "pot" in their possession. One man's personal use quantity might be what another consumes before lunch.

Metalhead47

Makes me wonder... What violation did these protesters commit, what law did they break, and what went through the mind of every other officer who swore to uphold the law, that stood by and watched this happen?

Looks to me like they're blocking access to a public place, denying the rest of the public access to it... y'know, just like they do every where else to make their "point." I believe that IS breaking the law.

VW_Factor

Looks to me like they're blocking access to a public place, denying the rest of the public access to it... y'know, just like they do every where else to make their "point." I believe that IS breaking the law.

Their rights end, where mine begin.