Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take for you to revolt?

Wink What would it take for you to revolt?

I am doing an essay relating to the 2nd amendment and revolutions. What did it take for our founding fathers to revolt? what would it take for you to revolt? Is the government doing any of those things? Thought provoking.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by E46m3 View Post
    I am doing an essay relating to the 2nd amendment and revolutions. What did it take for our founding fathers to revolt? what would it take for you to revolt? Is the government doing any of those things? Thought provoking.
    Hmm, treasonous words you have there, and here I thought the Alien and Sedition acts was still effective.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

I am doing an essay relating to the 2nd amendment and revolutions. What is your thesis statement?

What did it take for our founding fathers to revolt? I believe they wrote all that down on a rather large piece of parchment that is viewable at the National Archives. The text of it is readily available on the internet, although finding copies of the text in schoolbooks seems to be getting harder every year. Do look it up - they called it the "Declaration of Independence" for some unknown reason.

what would it take for you to revolt? See above, generally.

Is the government doing any of those things? It depends on how you interpret the daily news.

Thought provoking. You really don't want to hear the thoughts this provoked in my mind.
    stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 11-25-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: darned typos
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar
    what would it take for you to revolt?
    Define revolt a little better. Are you talking passive resistance, political reform, or open warfare in the street?
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

Thanks, but "no thanks".

I'll definitely pass on this one.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Civics class, English composition or just as a personal exercise? The POV/assignment could radically alter the direction you take.

OCDO is sensitive to participation in anything in violation of law, so that regard caution is suggested in the direction here on this forum.

There is literally a lifetime supply of reading available on the subject. Would it not be better to do your own research and reach your own conclusions?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I would suggest the rout I and suspect many others here took. Start withCommon Sense by Thomas Paine. Its not a difficult read. From there I would suggest The Federalist Papers, It's a little more in depth but worth the time.

Sissies, the lot of you....

I have no problem answering this question. The events that would spur me to revolt, occurred before I was born. The time for this has long since passed.

Unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle... The weak and lazy always have a heady excuse for failing to take action.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Oh c'mon guys, obviously this...lover of bridges...was sneaky enough in his approach that we shouldn't have caught on. Let's all incriminate ourselves to help the poor kid!

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Oh c'mon guys, obviously this...lover of bridges...was sneaky enough in his approach that we shouldn't have caught on. Let's all incriminate ourselves to help the poor kid!
    I don't care about ulterior motives. I'm all for revolting against our Domestic Enemies....

The Government has made itself into the most heinous anti-American entity we have ever seen. I won't be happy until they're all dead. Being a Government Official bent on total eradication of the Bill of Rights ins't Treason? Duh, they're not going to police themselves.

When you go fishing, make sure your tackle can handle the fish... Troll cannot handle me.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Ixtow; conqueror of trolls!

“The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I'm all for revolting against our Domestic Enemies....

The Government has made itself into the most heinous anti-American entity we have ever seen. I won't be happy until they're all dead.

The problem with that is, who do you classify as a "Domestic Enemy"? Is it all politicians or just some of them? And if it is the politicians, why is killing them necessary when they can be simply voted out?

What about the police officers who have the job of enforcing the legislation that the politicians pass? Those men are your local people, who had nothing to do with the laws that were passed, but are paid to enforce them. Are they enemies? Do you want to kill them to?

How about the National Guard or the FBI? They would likely be called in to stop you. Does that make them the enemy? And what good would it do to kill those people, as the death of numerous LE or Military personnel would do nothing to change policy, and would only make you into a media posterboy for right wing terrorism.

Being pissed off at politicians is one thing. Wanting to assassinate them is quite another, and declaring all out war on your neighbors is another thing still. Somewhere in that mess you have to figure out what your objective is. Reform the legislative operation of this country? Limit government power? Support democratic practices?

Finally, how is your plan of killing a select group of people going to bring you any closer to those ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Best post of the day, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by frommycolddeadhands View Post

What about the police officers who have the job of enforcing the legislation that the politicians pass? Those men are your local people, who had nothing to do with the laws that were passed, but are paid to enforce them.
    Keep in mind that the constitution is the supreme law of the land - any officer who enforces a null/void unconstitutional law is guilty of treason IMO

sent from my phone, excuse my grammar/spelling errors
    Last edited by Schlitz; 11-25-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

What would it take for me to revolt?

A Klondike bar.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Keep in mind that the constitution is the supreme law of the land - any officer who enforces a null/void unconstitutional law is guilty of treason IMO

sent from my phone, excuse my grammar/spelling errors
    I don't know about treason across the board.

If a police officer came into my house without a warrant and decided to search without RAS then he's guilty of trespass, and maybe breaking and entering, or burgulary, depending.

If a cop were to pull out his sidearm and shoot a bystandard who was simply sitting around minding his own business then the cop is guilty of murder.

But the point I was making in my earlier post was simply to examine a person's motives for "killing them all" as another poster put it, and wondering if such actions would actually further the cause of liberty, or simply be sensless violence that wouldn't actually accomplish any true objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by frommycolddeadhands View Post

...the point I was making in my earlier post was simply to examine a person's motives for "killing them all" as another poster put it, and wondering if such actions would actually further the cause of liberty, or simply be sensless violence that wouldn't actually accomplish any true objectives.

I'd say: "....or simply be senseless violence that wouldn't actually accomplish any true objectives."
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

No comment. But King George will know when the Declaration is signed and delivered to him.
    Last edited by Kirbinator; 11-25-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    What would it take for me to revolt?

A Klondike bar.
    I LOL'd.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    another troll posting trying to get answers to further their armchair warrior scheme of world disarming.............

--Moderator Caution--
    --Cease personal attacks--
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    another troll posting trying to get answers to further their armchair warrior scheme of world disarming.............
    How many times must some people be reminded to address the issue, not attack people.

There is no evidence that the OP has made other than a legitimate request. Agree that not many here will likely respond productively to such an overly broad set of questions.

All should be cautioned to review rule#15 to avoid thread lock.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Ixtow; conqueror of trolls!
    Hardly, he gave the answer the OP was looking for. Some games are won by not playing.
    Last edited by Daylen; 11-25-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast