Thread: NOVA Firearms- Now Class III - FREE GUN GIVE-AWAY!

NOVA Firearms- Now Class III - FREE GUN GIVE-AWAY!

NOVA Firearms- Falls Church- Now Class 3 - & Free Gun give-away

Thanks to your support, NOVA Firearms in Falls Church, VA, the only VA retail gun shop inside the beltway, just moved to a larger storefront location and received a Class 3 license and will be stocking suppressors and Class III firearms. They will also assist with transfers of internet purchases. ALSO, we are giving away a Para USA 1911 Warthog

It is a stunningly effective handgun. This is the original super-compact .45 pistol with truly awesome firepower. There is no smaller, more powerful 1911-style, 10+1 semi-auto .45 ACP in the world. Its three-dot fixed sight system has been upgraded with a fiber optic front sight speeding the acquisition of your sight picture. In 2011, the Warthog has a non-reflective all black finish.

Caliber: .45 ACP
    Rounds: 10+1
    Barrel: 3"
    Weight: 24 oz.
    Length: 6.5"
    Height: 4.5"
    Hammer: Spurred
    Sights: Fiber-Optic Front/ 2-Dot Rear
    Receiver: Alloy
    Finish: Regal
    Magazine: PNMC45R
    MSRP: $999.00

How To Enter:

It's easy to enter - Just visit NOVA Firearms and put your name in the big fishbowl! The gun will be given away on December 10th - Just in time for Christmas!

NOVA Firearms is located at:
    412 W. Broad Street, Suite 2
    Falls Church, VA 22046
    703-622-0747

Thanks again,
    Dennis Pratte, owner
    NOVA Firearms
    www.novafirearms.com

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Dennis!

Do you allow open carry in the store?

Welcome to OCDO. Wish I could enter but a long way from Eastern Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I'd like to know as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    I'd like to know as well.
    He hasn't come back so he's spamming, scamming, doesn't allow OC or just doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Welcome to the forum Dennis!

I'll roll up there and be the test case Thursday if nobody finds out before that.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulX608 View Post
    I'll roll up there and be the test case Thursday if nobody finds out before that.
    Two words: Voice recorder... Lemme know if you need to borrow one.

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Two words: Voice recorder... Lemme know if you need to borrow one.
    Eh, I'll be alright. They'll either welcome a new customer interested in something of the NFA flavor or they won't. I can live very well without going to Falls Church very often.

I guess, but If they are coming onto a board promoting OPEN CARRY, freely spamming the site looking for sales... I'd like a recording of them telling you OPEN CARRY is not welcome in the store. That'd be a bit of a black eye.

I'm a little paranoid I guess.

Seems odd that someone would come on an OC site to promote a Class III weapon after Ed announces his giveaway of a .50....Then never follow up on the thread.

I stopped by right after the announcement of the new location in the VCDL newsletter a few weeks back. I can't say what the "official" policy might be, but I was OC'ng my Glock 22 when I went in, and no one had a heart attack or called the FCPD. We had a nice conversation, during which time Dennis asked what I was carrying with no indication of concern or any admonition to come back w/out the firearm.

Haven't been back since, but that's due to a money shortage on my end - not for lack of hospitality.

I will say it's a bit hard to find if you don't know the area. It's on the second floor of a two-story building wood-frame building (a converted house by the looks of it) and is completely surrounded by far more modern 3-4 story office buildings. It's also set back from the road (Rt. 7) as what I assume was once the front yard is now the parking lot. It's very easy to drive right by it and not see it at all, despite the sidewalk sign.

Quote Originally Posted by SAvage410 View Post
    I stopped by right after the announcement of the new location in the VCDL newsletter a few weeks back. I can't say what the "official" policy might be, but I was OC'ng my Glock 22 when I went in, and no one had a heart attack or called the FCPD. We had a nice conversation, during which time Dennis asked what I was carrying with no indication of concern or any admonition to come back w/out the firearm.

Haven't been back since, but that's due to a money shortage on my end - not for lack of hospitality.

I will say it's a bit hard to find if you don't know the area. It's on the second floor of a two-story building wood-frame building (a converted house by the looks of it) and is completely surrounded by far more modern 3-4 story office buildings. It's also set back from the road (Rt. 7) as what I assume was once the front yard is now the parking lot. It's very easy to drive right by it and not see it at all, despite the sidewalk sign.
    Thanks Savage!
    One less thing to guess about.

I'll have to drop by after work one day and check them out

Smile

I'll have to stop by one day after work ..thanks for the info

I did stop by today, but they were closed. Be aware that their hours are unusual, 5:00PM - 9:00PM, and three days a week appear to be open only by appointment (the sign in the window is unclear, appointments may be in addition to the posted hours).

When I saw this thread I was very interested in a LGS so close to my home, but the hours are a killer for me. It is just too much hassle to fight rush hour traffic inside the beltway. Leaving home after 2:30 on most weekdays requires allowing an extra hour (at least) to do anything but run the simplest of errands.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Wait....so there's Nova Firearms in Falls Church, and Nova Armament in Herndon?.......and these are different companies only 15 miles apart?

That's sure to be confusing! Somebody's going to lose style points for originality.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    I OCd my Sig P239 there yesterday, no problems. Decent store with many handguns and long guns and accessories on display. Very helpful staff. The store is on the 2nd floor, up from Bedo's Leatherworks.