• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOVA Firearms- Now Class III - FREE GUN GIVE-AWAY!

novafirearms

NOVA Firearms- Falls Church- Now Class 3 - & Free Gun give-away

Thanks to your support, NOVA Firearms in Falls Church, VA, the only VA retail gun shop inside the beltway, just moved to a larger storefront location and received a Class 3 license and will be stocking suppressors and Class III firearms. They will also assist with transfers of internet purchases. ALSO, we are giving away a Para USA 1911 Warthog

It is a stunningly effective handgun. This is the original super-compact .45 pistol with truly awesome firepower. There is no smaller, more powerful 1911-style, 10+1 semi-auto .45 ACP in the world. Its three-dot fixed sight system has been upgraded with a fiber optic front sight speeding the acquisition of your sight picture. In 2011, the Warthog has a non-reflective all black finish.

Caliber: .45 ACP
Rounds: 10+1
Barrel: 3"
Weight: 24 oz.
Length: 6.5"
Height: 4.5"
Hammer: Spurred
Sights: Fiber-Optic Front/ 2-Dot Rear
Receiver: Alloy
Finish: Regal
Magazine: PNMC45R
MSRP: $999.00

How To Enter:

It's easy to enter - Just visit NOVA Firearms and put your name in the big fishbowl! The gun will be given away on December 10th - Just in time for Christmas!

NOVA Firearms is located at:
412 W. Broad Street, Suite 2
Falls Church, VA 22046
703-622-0747

Thanks again,
Dennis Pratte, owner
NOVA Firearms
www.novafirearms.com

IanB

I guess, but If they are coming onto a board promoting OPEN CARRY, freely spamming the site looking for sales... I'd like a recording of them telling you OPEN CARRY is not welcome in the store. That'd be a bit of a black eye.

5eZIY.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm a little paranoid I guess.

Seems odd that someone would come on an OC site to promote a Class III weapon after Ed announces his giveaway of a .50....Then never follow up on the thread.

SAvage410

I stopped by right after the announcement of the new location in the VCDL newsletter a few weeks back. I can't say what the "official" policy might be, but I was OC'ng my Glock 22 when I went in, and no one had a heart attack or called the FCPD. We had a nice conversation, during which time Dennis asked what I was carrying with no indication of concern or any admonition to come back w/out the firearm.

Haven't been back since, but that's due to a money shortage on my end - not for lack of hospitality.

I will say it's a bit hard to find if you don't know the area. It's on the second floor of a two-story building wood-frame building (a converted house by the looks of it) and is completely surrounded by far more modern 3-4 story office buildings. It's also set back from the road (Rt. 7) as what I assume was once the front yard is now the parking lot. It's very easy to drive right by it and not see it at all, despite the sidewalk sign.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I stopped by right after the announcement of the new location in the VCDL newsletter a few weeks back. I can't say what the "official" policy might be, but I was OC'ng my Glock 22 when I went in, and no one had a heart attack or called the FCPD. We had a nice conversation, during which time Dennis asked what I was carrying with no indication of concern or any admonition to come back w/out the firearm.

Haven't been back since, but that's due to a money shortage on my end - not for lack of hospitality.

I will say it's a bit hard to find if you don't know the area. It's on the second floor of a two-story building wood-frame building (a converted house by the looks of it) and is completely surrounded by far more modern 3-4 story office buildings. It's also set back from the road (Rt. 7) as what I assume was once the front yard is now the parking lot. It's very easy to drive right by it and not see it at all, despite the sidewalk sign.

Thanks Savage!
One less thing to guess about.:lol:

architect

I did stop by today, but they were closed. Be aware that their hours are unusual, 5:00PM - 9:00PM, and three days a week appear to be open only by appointment (the sign in the window is unclear, appointments may be in addition to the posted hours).

When I saw this thread I was very interested in a LGS so close to my home, but the hours are a killer for me. It is just too much hassle to fight rush hour traffic inside the beltway. Leaving home after 2:30 on most weekdays requires allowing an extra hour (at least) to do anything but run the simplest of errands.