• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best OC option for a nudist park!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I've asked the question about OC'ing at a nudist park or nude beach.
Among answers, somebody suggested duct tape.
That particular solution has some real major drawbacks, especially when it comes to duct tape removal.

I think the best option among those considered would be the ankle holster with a small pistol.
Say a .380 or an LC9 or similar easily carried handgun.

The ankle hoster would likely be the best choice.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

SovereignAxe

Ankle holster sounds pretty good. You could put on a belt and a leather holster, but I think that'd look ridiculous. Equally so for a shoulder mount.

That is, if you don't already look ridiculous in the nude. If you do, then I guess all bets are off lol

MKEgal

This has to be the strangest topic I've ever seen here.
(Not that that's necessarily a bad thing...)

The best thing I could think of for that situation would be a belly band, but it would lead to some odd tan lines.
If planning to swim, how about a waterproof fanny pack type bag?
(I have one that would hold a compact pistol.)

Anubis

OK, if you're going to the beach, with or without clothing, you will be taking some kind of recreational equipment, food, drink, etc. Probably carrying all this in bags or other container. Just put a holstered pistol in a container.

Operator_223

Nudist backup gun?

You already got your gun with you!! You must be talking about a backup gun?

fannypack, purse, inside a ziplockbag in your cooler....

one's thing for sure..... nobody is going to steal your chair !!

carry for myself

SD is rare at a nudist park anyway. usually you have to be ....well .....nude so snaking a weapon in to comit a crime might be difficult and whos gonna strip to do this? lol

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Years ago on the old THR there was a thread about this very subject. It seems the new "owner" of that site has scrubbed all the old stuff and the epic is no longer available.

Let me just say duct tape was involved, but in a way you would not want to have detailed.

Anybody that wants to do a search involving wayback machines - use "nudist" and "skunkabilly" as your main terms. The second one was the main contributor to the thread and an all-around good gun guy with some strange ideas about what to hang off an AR-15 among other things.

stay safe.

GoTigersGo

If I ever went to a nudist beach, my weapon would already be on display for all to see. All 3 inches the barrel..

JamesB

You could secure a small pistol inside those beach style hats.

Isn't that Concealed Carry? Try again.

Anubis said:
OK, if you're going to the beach, with or without clothing, you will be taking some kind of recreational equipment, food, drink, etc. Probably carrying all this in bags or other container. Just put a holstered pistol in a container.

Another one with a CC idea, keep 'em coming.

Hey, how do you feel about hanging one from a bandoleer?

rscottie

Isn't that Concealed Carry? Try again.

Yep, I was thinking more along the lines of just figuring out how to attach it...

How about this, the same beach hat or even a cowboy hat with a band around the outside? Not sure what the bands are called, but you could clip one of those small Black Widow Revolver holsters to that band. You may even be able to clip a LCP or something similar to that band. My guess is you would still need to use the holster. Wouldn't want your firearm dropping in the sand and then failing to cycle or fire due to the dirt.

Using the hatband would be OC! As long as you stuck with a reasonably lite firearm, it would probably be pretty comfortable too.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I saw a picture of an ***-holster a while back, but it's probably beyond the "family-friendly" nature of this website. It's not friendly to sitting, either.

For the females, with their wider hips and more room between their thighs, a standard inner thigh holster would be just a suitable in such a colony as it would be under one's dress. For the guys, whatever worked with clothes should work without.

tim12232

I would carry a glock, because it can be in sand, water, and anything else lol!!!!:lol:

how you carry it, well good luck with that!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
You could secure a small pistol inside those beach style hats.

Other than that, I got nothin!

Or you could strap it to the outside of an Abe lincoln style hat?

lincolngun.jpg

Last edited: