• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mill Creek in Violation of State Law

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
there are signs at parks in pierce and kitsap counties... how do we get those changed/removed, i know at the purdy spit, the sign says no firearms, fires, fireworks, but ive seen the latter 2 right in front of a deputy, standing watching and not caring. i carry there as i know that the firearms part is invalid.

We can fix it ourselves. Consider it "Community Service". Locate the offending sign, apply Duct tape, admire your work. It will cost nothing to the local Gov and there are no mixed messages to the public. Below is the sign at my park. I frequent it with my dogs about two or three times a day. No worries. Note line seven.

Ultra09

Just hope those that use the parks realize that the punk heading towards the family may have a gun because he knows they won't!

jbone

Shane Moloney City Attorney City of Mill Creek writes "Amending the ordinance in the future is a possibility"

possibility? Is he for real?

I believe they fully plan not to amend, hoping it will keep those not understanding state law from carrying in the parks, allowing more time for other’s to perceive and except it as the way it’s always been.

jbone

We can fix it ourselves. Consider it "Community Service". Locate the offending sign, apply Duct tape, admire your work. It will cost nothing to the local Gov and there are no mixed messages to the public. Below is the sign at my park. I frequent it with my dogs about two or three times a day. No worries. Note line seven.

I think that's bad advice! It may not be as serious as carrying a firearm on Post Office property, but still may hold penalties if cities were to have code's against defacing, altering city property/signs without authorization.

Last edited:

MadHatter66

there are signs at parks in pierce and kitsap counties... how do we get those changed/removed, i know at the purdy spit, the sign says no firearms, fires, fireworks, but ive seen the latter 2 right in front of a deputy, standing watching and not caring. i carry there as i know that the firearms part is invalid.

I am working on Kitsap county to get them to get the signs changed, I guess its a slow process :cuss:... The county repealed the county code about 2 years ago... So there is nothing for the deputies to enforce. That and, as long as I OC'd in Kitsap I have never had a problem from anyone... I dont go to Gig Harbor a whole lot...