Thread: Denver Sheriff, I Could Have Died..... Laughing

Denver Sheriff, I Could Have Died..... Laughing

Hey Yall, Im new to the forum, Hello. I just Signed Up because this story just happened and honestly ****** ME OFF!!!!!

Im setting up a gold buying store today. A very nice Denver Sheriff came in and began her pitch on Selling Us Off Duty Police service.

I know about denver's stupid law open carry law.......

So I asked her...... "Is it ok for someone to open carry in their own bussiness (such as this one Gold Buying)"

80iq: "NO. You cannot open carry in denver"

me: "Really??? I worked at ****** (in denver) and I used to open carry all time only in the business, In fact all the Male employees were kinda required too,"

80iq " You can only concealed carry with a permit, There is no open carry in denver and in all of colorado "

me: " Humm..... I thought open carry was protected under the Constitution, I know about denver's law but..."

80iq "The constitution does not give you the right to open carry, You cant walk around with a hogs foot hanging off your belt"

me: "WOW. Really...."

After clearly telling me a load of crap, she then went on to tell me how easy it is to get a permit and all the other stuff you have all heard in your permit class ( do you have the right to shoot that person... BLAH BLAH BLAH) I CHANGED THE SUBJECT!

--Moderator Edited--
    Rule violation - we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc)

I highly applaud you guys for going out and OC. I Feel Safer when someone around is OC.

what, did the deputy come in and say if you hired them off duty your place wouldnt get hit/burned/vandalized/etc/ ????

No Thanks Ma'am......

No Thanks Ma'am...... I dont need your protection racket services especially from people who clearly dont know the laws they are enforcing. I'll take care of myself. Now, please leave the store and don't come back unless it's for official business..... have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Operator_223 View Post
    No Thanks Ma'am...... I dont need your protection racket services especially from people who clearly dont know the laws they are enforcing. I'll take care of myself. Now, please leave the store and don't come back unless it's for official business..... have a nice day.
    Quite true...almost.

Remember, Denver Sheriffs do not enforce any laws. I'm not even sure they have arrest authority. All they are is glorified guards for the city jail. That is their ONLY juristiction.
    Last edited by JamesB; 11-26-2011 at 04:34 AM. Reason: spelliong

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    Quite true...almost.

Remember, Denver Sheriffs do not enforce any laws. I'm not even sure they have arrest authority. All they are is glorified guards for the city jail. That is their ONLY juristiction.
    Now, that's not true. They also have jurisdiction over the impound lot

Banned
    I smell a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    I smell a troll.
    Is that was that is?
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

He's brave enough to make the remarks about "dumbed-down" police, etc.,...but is afraid to carry his gun. Hmm.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Well, if it's a cop troll, he sure picked a decidedly un-friendly username.

IMO, not a troll. Just a one-post wonder.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.