• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denver Sheriff, I Could Have Died..... Laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Yall, Im new to the forum, Hello. I just Signed Up because this story just happened and honestly ****** ME OFF!!!!!

Im setting up a gold buying store today. A very nice Denver Sheriff came in and began her pitch on Selling Us Off Duty Police service.

I know about denver's stupid law open carry law.......

So I asked her...... "Is it ok for someone to open carry in their own bussiness (such as this one Gold Buying)"

80iq: "NO. You cannot open carry in denver"

me: "Really??? I worked at ****** (in denver) and I used to open carry all time only in the business, In fact all the Male employees were kinda required too,"

80iq " You can only concealed carry with a permit, There is no open carry in denver and in all of colorado "

me: " Humm..... I thought open carry was protected under the Constitution, I know about denver's law but..."

80iq "The constitution does not give you the right to open carry, You cant walk around with a hogs foot hanging off your belt"

me: "WOW. Really...."

After clearly telling me a load of crap, she then went on to tell me how easy it is to get a permit and all the other stuff you have all heard in your permit class ( do you have the right to shoot that person... BLAH BLAH BLAH) I CHANGED THE SUBJECT!

--Moderator Edited--
Rule violation - we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc)

I highly applaud you guys for going out and OC. I Feel Safer when someone around is OC.

Operator_223

what, did the deputy come in and say if you hired them off duty your place wouldnt get hit/burned/vandalized/etc/ ????

Operator_223

No Thanks Ma'am......

No Thanks Ma'am...... I dont need your protection racket services especially from people who clearly dont know the laws they are enforcing. I'll take care of myself. Now, please leave the store and don't come back unless it's for official business..... have a nice day.

JamesB

No Thanks Ma'am...... I dont need your protection racket services especially from people who clearly dont know the laws they are enforcing. I'll take care of myself. Now, please leave the store and don't come back unless it's for official business..... have a nice day.

Quite true...almost.

Remember, Denver Sheriffs do not enforce any laws. I'm not even sure they have arrest authority. All they are is glorified guards for the city jail. That is their ONLY juristiction.

Last edited:

CO-Joe

Quite true...almost.

Remember, Denver Sheriffs do not enforce any laws. I'm not even sure they have arrest authority. All they are is glorified guards for the city jail. That is their ONLY juristiction.

Now, that's not true. They also have jurisdiction over the impound lot :)

MilProGuy

He's brave enough to make the remarks about "dumbed-down" police, etc.,...but is afraid to carry his gun. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.