• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Questions about open carrying

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I guess it's because Saturday only shows up once a week.:lol: Notice is usually posted by Friday evening.

And the Richmond OC dinners are on the second Tuesday of every month, unless there is a conflict with some other event. Notice usually goes up within the first few days of the month.

Rules for attendance at either the weekly breakfasts or monthly dinners are to show up. No RSVP needed. Just look for the group that seems to have most folks carrying and does not look like a cop convention - it's probably us. If you are not sure just ask where all the gun folks are sitting. You can OC, CC, or No-Carry as you like. Find a seat and introduce yourself, and then order food. The conversation will flow and you just jump in when and where you feel like it.

stay safe.

Details, details. What's a week:rolleyes:

scouser

And don't let the fact you're 20 put you off of meeting for a breakfast or dinner, my (not quite) 2 year old son was there too. His birthday is 2 weeks after Christmas, someone else do the math for his exact age, I'm at the point that when asked I just say he's nearly 2.
I think you will receive better advice face to face, that's been my experience anyway. I'm not saying that what you read is bad advice, but when you meet these other guys and hear their experiences you can make a better judgement of their character and knowledge than if you read their words and miss their 'in-jokes'. I really enjoy just listening to them talking.

Alpengeist

Also, would I be allowed to carry it loaded with one in the chamber and also carry it in the car being under 21 or without a permit?

scouser

Alpengeist said:
Also, would I be allowed to carry it loaded with one in the chamber and also carry it in the car being under 21 or without a permit?

yes and yes

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA