• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC for luch today - STL Co. 11/26/2011

mspgunner

This was hidden within the discussion forum under another topuc so I'm posting it here for those who did not see it.:
No problem, we are all here, level headed people. Yes, coffee would be great. And remember, I will repost it again, we are meeting up at the 54st Bar and Grill that is located on North Lindberge and New Halls Ferry in Florissant, Novemeber 26th (next saturday) at 1pm. Open carry with CCW is welcomed.

So far three or four going.
One new fella.

Redbaron007

OK....It's 1:09 p.m......no word on the news about panic/fear in the streets in Florissant.

Good job fellows!! :)

Firedawg314

OK....It's 1:09 p.m......no word on the news about panic/fear in the streets in Florissant.

I got there at 12pm and I stayed until 130pm. I had my son with me and he needed to get a few things because of his performance in school that's coming up.

I was hoping to see someone from the sight (like I know how you guys look like)..LOL. But in all I got a few looks, but its was "positive" looks. I was able to talk to two people and they where pretty intersted in getting their CCW's. SO, if you guys finially got there, I'm sorry, but I'm willing to go back or even another day, we just need to have each other emails, etc. After my son finishes getting his things from these stores, we are pretty much headed home. I would guess that Florissant is pretty coustom to seeing a firearm. Except this one woman, yeah, she was white, but cute;) She was sitting across from us and she basically turned pale when she could see my handgun. But I guess she felt ok because our waitress seen it and others and no one was worried. Even a manager kept passing by our table (I was sitting in the front). But it turned out to be a good lunch.

So, I just think, the more we have it out on the open, the more our societies will accept it.

Firedawg314

LOL.. that's a good one:banana:
I have to say in these past two days I have been to the following OCing;
Marshalls
Game Stop
Lee's Chicken
Target
McDondals (both of them)
K-Mart
Moble Gas station
and 54st Bar and Grill

mspgunner

OC meet up

Hey, just email me etc and we'll get a few more people to hang out one day soon.

If I ever venture uo that way for an event again please give us soem way to recognize you..... I drove quite a distance and the 18 of us who got together knew each other and we have no idea who you are, what you wore or how to reach you by cell phone or other wise. The two police officers who joined us offered to pay for the lunch, darn nice of them.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry I missed this one. A very unexpected trip out of town became required and my grandmother passed on to that which we all become.

A great lady, a dairy farmer along side of my grandfather since 1941 so hold a glass of milk high and toast those whom bring it to your table.

I am not much of one for sorrow, so please, celebrate instead, I got to spend some time looking through photo albums etc bringing a lot of fond memories of the days I got to spend with them and I am damn happy to have done so!

Firedawg314

If I ever venture uo that way for an event again please give us soem way to recognize you..... I drove quite a distance and the 18 of us who got together knew each other and we have no idea who you are, what you wore or how to reach you by cell phone or other wise. The two police officers who joined us offered to pay for the lunch, darn nice of them.

Yeah, I just said what happen early in the post. Please forgivemen... its that time of year and I didn't account for it. WOW 18 people and the cops offer to pay for lunch... yeah, I live in a pretty good town huh? Yes, we need to exchange numbers, email etc so that we can communicate more than just here. I'm glad you all had a great time.

Firedawg314

Sorry I missed this one. A very unexpected trip out of town became required and my grandmother passed on to that which we all become.

A great lady, a dairy farmer along side of my grandfather since 1941 so hold a glass of milk high and toast those whom bring it to your table.

I am not much of one for sorrow, so please, celebrate instead, I got to spend some time looking through photo albums etc bringing a lot of fond memories of the days I got to spend with them and I am damn happy to have done so!

I'm sorry to hear that of your lost.... like I had stated before on several post. I'm willing to meet up and have lunch etc. Just email me and we can see if I am off. I'm a local firefighter so my days off are well.... strange. My prayers are for you and your family.

mspgunner

I'm sorry to hear that of your lost.... like I had stated before on several post. I'm willing to meet up and have lunch etc. Just email me and we can see if I am off. I'm a local firefighter so my days off are well.... strange. My prayers are for you and your family.

When you post an event, like "lets get together" post it as a stand alone so more folks will see the post, a good idea.

There are a numbre of very good people in the STL area who work or have other responsibilites on Sat., we usualluy do them on Sundays late afternoon.... FYI.
With the holidays here, many of us are busy...

Morpheus97

I'm sorry to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.